Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Official plot synopsis for Black Panther:

"Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk."

Andy Serkis is also confirmed as making an appearance, reprising Ulysses Klaw from Avengers: Age of Ultron.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/01/26/black-panther-full-cast-and-official-synopsis-revealed?read

I've found it weird how we've had oodles of casting announcements for Black Panther, yet it hadn't been until now that Any Serkis, one of the guys everyone figured would be a given, has finally been announced. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad he is in it at least. Maybe this might signify though that he won't actually play the main villain or even that big of part in things.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I've found it weird how we've had oodles of casting announcements for Black Panther, yet it hadn't been until now that Any Serkis, one of the guys everyone figured would be a given, has finally been announced. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad he is in it at least. Maybe this might signify though that he won't actually play the main villain or even that big of part in things.

I believe I read that the main villain is Michael B. Jordan's character, so my guess is Andy Serkis is probably a secondary villain or in as just a tease to setup a sequel. I am really impressed with the cast list for this movie - it's similar to the first Thor film:

Angela Basset
Forrest Whitaker
Lupita Nyong'o
Danai Guerira (Michonne from the Walking Dead)
Andy Serkis
Martin Freeman

And those are just the periphery characters. I am starting to get really excited for this film - maybe even moreso than Infinity War.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I believe I read that the main villain is Michael B. Jordan's character, so my guess is Andy Serkis is probably a secondary villain or in as just a tease to setup a sequel. I am really impressed with the cast list for this movie - it's similar to the first Thor film:

Angela Basset
Forrest Whitaker
Lupita Nyong'o
Danai Guerira (Michonne from the Walking Dead)
Andy Serkis
Martin Freeman

And those are just the periphery characters. I am starting to get really excited for this film - maybe even moreso than Infinity War.

Their casting has been off the hook. It is as if Ryan Coogler (director) said, I'm going to find every single one of the best African American actors/actresses I can find out there right now, then put all in my movie. In fact, I'd argue The Black Panther might be the best grouping of talent we've seen yet in an MCU movie. At this point, I'm almost feeling sorry for all these other normal non-superhero movie directors out there who have to now work around all these shared universe's schedules, especially now that nearly every major name out there is part of some type of shared universe (MCU, DCEU, Universal Monsters, Star Wars... etc). It truly has to be a scheduling mess.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Looks like the leads have finally been cast in the new Cloak and Dagger series set to come out on Freeform. Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph are the names of the two leads, but like I anticipated, I really have no idea who these two are. Apparently, Olivia Holt is a Disney Channel star, but sorry, I wouldn't know. Does anyone have any thoughts on these two? I believe this series is going into production very soon.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/cloa...loak-and-dagger-casts-olivia-holt-and-a148547

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Again, wasn't originally a big fan of Finn Jones in the part of Iron Fist, probably due to I didn't think his look and body type fit. Well, I've got to admit that he is really starting to look the part pretty well. I think he could be a good fit. Also, loving the serpent on his chest. I think this guy might end up being my favorite Defender, while Cap holds the crown of my favorite Avenger.

YnZhLOQl.jpg

untitled.png

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...lead-stars-of-hulus-upcoming-runaways-a148634

After just recently announcing the main cast members for the upcoming Cloak and Dagger series, which you can see above, Marvel has also just announced all the main cast members of their upcoming Runaways TV series on Hulu. Usually I get really excited about casting decisions and like to pick them apart or praise them. However, with this one, like the Cloak and Dagger series which is casting young kids, I really have no clue on any of these actors or actresses. They simply are just too young and, based on my daughter only being 2 years old, I'm not really well-verses in young kids (Disney, Nickelodeon... etc.) programming to have ever even seen any of them. Does anyone else have any thoughts? I'm excited for this show and what it will end up looking like on Hulu. I really think all these new MCU shows have some different great opportunities too add some diversity of shows/tones/characters to the Marvel Universe, yet still share the same world.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here is a new fight scene from Iron Fist showing off Colleen Wing's moves:

Another tidbit I just found out is that RZA has directed an episode of the series. It is episode 6 and is titled: "Immortal Emerges from Cave"

I just stumbled on the rest of the episode titles - they all appear to be martial arts movements:
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Fist_(TV_series)/Season_One

1. Snow Gives Way
2. Shadow Hawk Takes Flight
3. Rolling Thunder Cannon Punch
4. Eight Diagram Dragon Palm
5. Under Leaf Pluck Lotus
6. immortal Emerges from Cave
7. Felling with Tree Routes*
8. The Blessing of Many Fractures
9. The Mistress of All Agonies
11. Lead Horse Back to Stable
13. Dragon Plays with Fire

Title for episodes 10 & 12 have not been revealed yet.

*I don't know if "Routes" was just misspelled or if it was purposeful to the plot of this particular episode.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guar...e-galaxy-vol-2-scores-higher-than-any-a148856

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 apparently just scored a 10/10 in its first recent audience test screening, which is higher than any other MCU movie to date, even The Avengers. Granted, Marvel does their test screenings with family and friends instead of random audience members, so it is tough to truly get a good gauge. However, I'm not sure how you can take anything bad away at least. This gets me excited.

Reactions: CycloneErik

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guar...e-galaxy-vol-2-scores-higher-than-any-a148856

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 apparently just scored a 10/10 in its first recent audience test screening, which is higher than any other MCU movie to date, even The Avengers. Granted, Marvel does their test screenings with family and friends instead of random audience members, so it is tough to truly get a good gauge. However, I'm not sure how you can take anything bad away at least. This gets me excited.

The Super Bowl trailer was amazing. I can't believe we haven't seen any footage or leaked set photos of Kurt Russell or Sylvester Stallone either. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but the hype just continues to build for this movie and I think it's going to surpass my expectations. Who would have thought that Guardians of the Galaxy may turn out to be Marvel's best-received property

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The Super Bowl trailer was amazing. I can't believe we haven't seen any footage or leaked set photos of Kurt Russell or Sylvester Stallone either. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but the hype just continues to build for this movie and I think it's going to surpass my expectations. Who would have thought that Guardians of the Galaxy may turn out to be Marvel's best-received property

I just casually await the excellence on this one. I don't worry about getting worked up or not. I just assume their excellence as a business as usual thing.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So, GOTG2 leaves them at the edge of "Infinity War"?

I knew nothing about Stallone, is Brolin appearing as Thanos?

Other surprise guests?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...ofrio-is-still-hoping-hell-show-up-in-a149252

Vincent Donofrio (Kingpin) still keeps saying how much he wants in on a Spider-Man future movie, but this isn't the first time he has said that Marvel Studios just won't make it happen, which is super sad for me to hear still. I'm big on wanting the entire MCU to be a bit more connected from a TV/Movie perspective. With that said, of all the TV villains that I'd love to see cross over, I'd want the Kingpin in a Spider-Man movie the most. This isn't just me wanting it either. Of everyone out there, it also just makes sense. Not only is Kingpin one of Spidey's biggest comic book villains, but he would also be an amazing ground-level type villain that we haven't seen Spidey fights yet, not to mention Donofrio has already proven how great he is in the role. In fact, if you look at Spidey's potential rogues gallery for a future film, I don't think I'm the only one that would put him pretty much as #1 in wanting to see. Also, from a timeline and making everything fit scenario, I think he would be possibly the easiest one to add in without needing to fill in much of his backstory. In the end, he is pretty much a big ground-level mob boss, so tons of backstory isn't really necessary to shimmy him in for a movie and not make it feel forced.

• Agree
Reactions: mapnerd

Help Support Us

Become a patron