Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
First official plot synopsis for Thor:Ragnarok has been released:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-ragnarok-details-hint-at-dire-times-ahead-for-thor-1790842251

I am absolutely PUMPED for this Thor movie. Why, you ask? Because I just watched "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" a few weeks ago (it's available on Hulu) and that movie was written and directed by Taika Waititi, who is directing Ragnarok. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was awesome - style was really similar to movies by Wes Anderson and Edgar Wright. I think this is film is going to make Thor a fun character again.

I've heard it is one of the best movies of the year. I'll have to make sure I check it out.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Not really a surprise, but Tom Holland has confirmed that Spider-Man will be in Avenger's: Infinity War.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/two-more-heroes-are-showing-up-in-avengers-infinity-wa-1791029466

Characters that will be in Infinity War:

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord
Bucky Barnes
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
Gamora
Nebula
Hawkeye
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Black Panther
Hulk
Iron Man
Spider-Man

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://io9.gizmodo.com/please-let-the-hook-for-marvels-defenders-series-be-dar-1791123101

Here is some news about how the Defender's will meet in the new series:
Each Defender has arrived separately at the offices of Midland Circle (a name that should sound familiar to Daredevil fans as the shady operation behind a giant, literal plot hole in season 2), and none of them expected to cross paths. But before they can properly meet and greet, the four have wound up trapped in the middle of a corridor and must brawl their way past a group of enemies.

Because of course there needs to be yet another hallway fight scene. I'm almost hoping for a "Indiana Jones" moment when we get ready for the hallway fight scene in the Punisher series where he just shoots everyone:
200.gif

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Peter Dinklage is in talks to join BOTH of the upcoming Avenger's films. No word on who he will play, but the comments are full of great ideas:

Puck - part of Alpha Flight to tie-in to Captain Marvel

Pip the Troll - has ties to Adam Warlock

Or perhaps even playing MODOK

http://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-dinklage-may-appear-in-the-next-two-avengers-movi-1791094088
I would say Pip out of those choices. Puck is too tied to X-Men. MODOK is a bit out there.

I could also see him doing CGI and/or voice over work for something like Uatu, Eternity, Living Tribunal, etc.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would say Pip out of those choices. Puck is too tied to X-Men. MODOK is a bit out there.

I could also see him doing CGI and/or voice over work for something like Uatu, Eternity, Living Tribunal, etc.

I agreed with you that Modok has always been a bit far-fetched in my mind until I read this article and how certain writers have been fighting to get Modok into an MCU movie for a while, particularly Peter Dinklage as Modok:

http://screenrant.com/peter-dinklage-avengers-infinity-war-modok/

I'm sorry, there is enough smoke there to the point where I'd put odds that Peter Dinklage IS Modok.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
It must be crazy idea Monday because I've got one and here goes. Just got done watching one of my childhood favorite movies again, which only reminded me how great and awesome it truly is and how it has still withstood the test of time. That movie is the Rocketeer, which was a superhero movie made by Disney back in 1991, and is based on the privately-owned Rocketeer comic book (not Marvel). The movie takes place back in 1938, during the build-up to WWII and there is reportedly a sequel being made by Disney that supposedly takes place 6 years later:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-rocketeer-sequel/

Anyway, here is my crazy idea. What if Disney were to make the bold move to retroactively canonize the first Rocketeer film, as well as its upcoming sequel into the MCU? If you've ever watched the first movie, you'd be amazed how well the characters and his world he lives in would fit perfectly into the MCU, especially during the old Steve Rogers times. In fact, a lot of the reason for this is because BOTH The Rocketeer and Captain America: The First Avenger were directed by the same person.... Joe Johnson. This wasn't a coincidence either as the goal of Disney with The First Avenger was somewhat to reproduce that same Rocketeer look and feel in their new movie. Anyway, I realize the biggest hindrance to this ever happening is the fact that The Rocketeer is NOT Marvel and that alone will keep people away, not to mention the fact that Disney only owns the film rights to The Rocketeer, not the character like they do all the Marvel ones. On the flip side, probably the biggest advantage of this ever remotely happening is simply that all the movies are all being made by Disney. However, I do just think it would be cool as I think they could fit simultaneously into the same world easily and not mess up one another at all. I also like the idea of building the old fun history of the MCU up. With that all said, what are your thoughts? Do you guys love The Rocketeer as much as me? I really consider it a film ahead of its time that suffered a lot at the box office for coming out at the same weekend as Robin Hood (Kevin Costner) and The Terminator 2. Also, its music score is amazing and in my mind, better than anything any MCU movie has produced so far.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
It must be crazy idea Monday because I've got one and here goes. Just got done watching one of my childhood favorite movies again, which only reminded me how great and awesome it truly is and how it has still withstood the test of time. That movie is the Rocketeer, which was a superhero movie made by Disney back in 1991, and is based on the privately-owned Rocketeer comic book (not Marvel). The movie takes place back in 1938, during the build-up to WWII and there is reportedly a sequel being made by Disney that supposedly takes place 6 years later:

Anyway, here is my crazy idea. What if Disney were to make the bold move to retroactively canonize the first Rocketeer film, as well as its upcoming sequel into the MCU? If you've ever watched the first movie, you'd be amazed how well the characters and his world he lives in would fit perfectly into the MCU, especially during the old Steve Rogers times. In fact, a lot of the reason for this is because BOTH The Rocketeer and Captain America: The First Avenger were directed by the same person.... Joe Johnson. This wasn't a coincidence either as the goal of Disney with The First Avenger was somewhat to reproduce that same Rocketeer look and feel in their new movie. Anyway, I realize the biggest hindrance to this ever happening is the fact that The Rocketeer is NOT Marvel and that alone will keep people away, not to mention the fact that Disney only owns the film rights to The Rocketeer, not the character like they do all the Marvel ones. On the flip side, probably the biggest advantage of this ever remotely happening is simply that all the movies are all being made by Disney. However, I do just think it would be cool as I think they could fit simultaneously into the same world easily and not mess up one another at all. I also like the idea of building the old fun history of the MCU up. With that all said, what are your thoughts? Do you guys love The Rocketeer as much as me? I really consider it a film ahead of its time that suffered a lot at the box office for coming out at the same weekend as Robin Hood (Kevin Costner) and The Terminator 2. Also, its music score is amazing and in my mind, better than anything any MCU movie has produced so far.

One thing I'll add to what I wrote above with The Rocketeer is also that the movie truly was the first pioneering modern-day superhero origin story in movie format similar to what we all know today. No, The Rocketeer isn't the first superhero movie. However, it is the first of the usual first-second-third act origin story format that we've come accustomed to over the years. Other similar formats were then found in nearly every superhero movie to follow, whether it be Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man... etc.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Man, I can't wait for The Defenders. Hard too believe both Iron Fist and The Defenders aren't really that far away. We will see both before we see the next Avengers movie.
GT_101_Unit_01890R.jpg

GT_102_Unit_00951R.jpg

Gotta admit that I wasn't too crazy about the Finn Jones casting, but man, he is really starting to look the part pretty decently.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The Rocketeer was an awesome film, and would actually fit in pretty well with those "Phase 1" films. The arch of the Rocketeer isn't that the jet-pack makes him great, it's that his principles and human decency are amplified when he dons the pack and helmet - similar to Tony Stark building his first Iron Man suit, Steve Rodgers receiving his powers and Thor when he regains control of Mjolnir. A "prequel" MCU consisting of The Rocketeer, Hank Pym Ant-Man, Janet VanDyne Wasp, Agent Peggy Carter, Howard Stark and the Howling Commandos would be pretty cool.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
First set pictures for Black Panther have been released and show that Martin Freeman will be in the film and reprising his (mostly forgettable) character from Captain America: Civil War
"

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, I think this puts to bed any remote uncertainty as to whether or not Sony and Marvel finally struck a deal to include Spider-Man in Infinity War as it looks like Tom Holland is on set right now actually filming the movie.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-tom-holland-spider-man-filming/

While I figured this was the case, it is good to finally know for sure. I absolutely can't wait for that movie. It is going to be off-the-hook fan-boy crazy seeing all those characters on one screen. Not sure if I'll even be able to contain myself when I see it.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

The Rocketeer is a GREAT underrated movie. They did a wonderful job of telling the story and fitting it all together perfectly. I agree it would be neat to retcon The Rocketeer into the 1940s MCU. I didn't even realize that it was the same director as The First Avenger. It makes complete sense though, because the feel of the movies is so similar.

• Winner
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The Rocketeer is a GREAT underrated movie. They did a wonderful job of telling the story and fitting it all together perfectly. I agree it would be neat to retcon The Rocketeer into the 1940s MCU. I didn't even realize that it was the same director as The First Avenger. It makes complete sense though, because the feel of the movies is so similar.

Not many movies can stand the test of time, but that movie absolutely does. In fact, I'd say my appreciation has only gone up. The suit is also STILL BA. No doubt that has stood the test of time too. Lastly, this scene will forever be an iconic cinema scene for me:

the-rocketeer-1991-disney-movie-pic-american-flag.jpg

So, definitely recommend a re-watch for everyone. Also really love the Howard Hughes inventor character in the movie, which is essentially the Rocketeer's version of Howard Stark or Hank Pym. I could only imagine how great it would be to see all three of those guys interact in some way.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Rocketeer Raccoon?

images
images

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Official plot synopsis for Black Panther:

"Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk."

Andy Serkis is also confirmed as making an appearance, reprising Ulysses Klaw from Avengers: Age of Ultron.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/01/26/black-panther-full-cast-and-official-synopsis-revealed?read