Ankeny
This imagery needs work.

This imagery work for ya?
squatty_potty_ad.gif

Reactions: State43

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
FYI... 6 episodes in now on Iron Fist and man, it still blows, in pretty much all categories. Really hoping things eventually start to get a little better. Truthfully, the only character I've really liked so far was Jeri Hogarth's crossover appearances in a few episodes. For that short while, it seemed like a professional coming in to work with a bunch of amateurs.
I would say do yourself a favor: ditch Iron Fist and watch Legion instead. That show is great. It may actually be trippier for you to watch since you are probably sleep-deprived with the new little one at home.

• Friendly
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would say do yourself a favor: ditch Iron Fist and watch Legion instead. That show is great. It may actually be trippier for you to watch since you are probably sleep-deprived with the new little one at home.

Haha, that is probably good advice that I should take. However, judging by my fanaticism in these forums, I'm obviously in ALL of these superhero shows for the long-haul, even if it means pushing through a few crappy seasons or shows for the sake of the continuing narrative. Shoot, I just made it through 23 episodes of Arrow Season 4, which says a lot in and of itself. Hard to tell yet whether it was worse than Iron Fist, but it was definitely longer. With that said, I watched episode 7 of Iron Fish last night, and might I say I actually kind of liked it???? Characterization was still pretty off, but at least it wasn't boring!!! Oh yeah, in addition to Jeri Hogarth, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Madame Gao is also VERY solid in that show.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
So I finished Iron Fist this past weekend. The entire first season was underwhelming, however, I do think the show is setup rather nicely for an interesting S2. I really like how the Meachum's changed over the course of the series and they could be compelling allies/villains down the road. If Netflix can bring in new (and better) writers and better fight choreographers then I could tune in to S2. I actually started to watch Into the Badlands Season 1 on Netflix immediately after I finished Iron Fist and the fight choreography blows away anything Iron Fist put on screen. Netflix needs to up the action and make Danny Rand a competent fighter. Finn Jones has got to put on a better presence in The Defenders for Iron Fist to be a series worth watching, otherwise they should just ditch him and stick with Jon Bernthal's Punisher series and perhaps move on to Moon Knight. The more I read about Moon Knight the more I think that character could actually work on TV.
Just recently watched Into the Badlands. Loved it!

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://screenrant.com/marvel-cloak-dagger-season-1-episode-count/

Well, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger on Freeform is now officially a go as a 10-episode season was just ordered. Budget is rumored to be similar to Marvel's Netflix shows, which is deceptive, because I'm of the opinion that they don't spend enough on those Netflix shows. Anyway, I love the fact that they are going with only a 10-episode series, which could turn out to be perfect. I've made it well-known on here that not only do I attest the typical 23 episode long network TV seasons, but I even think the Netflix 13-episode seasons are too long. If I was making decisions, nearly every superhero TV series would be 8 episodes, but at least 10 is better than 13, so I'll take it. Now, lets hope this series is good and different.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://screenrant.com/marvel-cloak-dagger-season-1-episode-count/

Well, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger on Freeform is now officially a go as a 10-episode season was just ordered. Budget is rumored to be similar to Marvel's Netflix shows, which is deceptive, because I'm of the opinion that they don't spend enough on those Netflix shows. Anyway, I love the fact that they are going with only a 10-episode series, which could turn out to be perfect. I've made it well-known on here that not only do I attest the typical 23 episode long network TV seasons, but I even think the Netflix 13-episode seasons are too long. If I was making decisions, nearly every superhero TV series would be 8 episodes, but at least 10 is better than 13, so I'll take it. Now, lets hope this series is good and different.

I was reading that Netflix budget for their Marvel shows was $200 million which was shared between Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders. Apparently Daredevil S2 was not part of that and neither is The Punisher series. That comes out to about $3 mil per episode for the stand-alone series and leaves close to $8 mil per episode for The Defenders (there are only 8 episodes in that series whereas the stand-alone shows are 13 episodes each). Hopefully fan demand will get Netflix to open up their wallet a little more.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, the Marvel TV news keeps flowing today. Not only has Marvel officially ordered Cloak and Dagger to a 10-episode season on ABC's Freeform channel, but it has also ordered a 10-episode season of Marvel's New Warriors on Freeform as well. This New Warriors show will also feature the long hinted at Squirrel Girl as part of its cast, which officially slates her for TV rather than the movies. There was no mention on who else will compose that team. I highly doubt they will get to use Nova as there is no doubt they will want to save him for the movies at some point. Being on Freeform, both these series will be more aimed towards teenagers and young adults, and it is worth nothing that while it is assumed these shows are part of the MCU, I haven't seen anything to fully confirm that fact.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-new-warriors-squirrel-girl-tv-show-freeform/

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, the Marvel TV news keeps flowing today. Not only has Marvel officially ordered Cloak and Dagger to a 10-episode season on ABC's Freeform channel, but it has also ordered a 10-episode season of Marvel's New Warriors on Freeform as well. This New Warriors show will also feature the long hinted at Squirrel Girl as part of its cast, which officially slates her for TV rather than the movies. There was no mention on who else will compose that team. I highly doubt they will get to use Nova as there is no doubt they will want to save him for the movies at some point. Being on Freeform, both these series will be more aimed towards teenagers and young adults, and it is worth nothing that while it is assumed these shows are part of the MCU, I haven't seen anything to fully confirm that fact.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-new-warriors-squirrel-girl-tv-show-freeform/

I'll be really interested to see the New Warriors roster they end up going with as it has changed A LOT over the years, and its roster in the comics is much different than its roster on TV shows like The Ultimate Spider-Man. Shoot, on that TV show, it includes the likes of Spider-Man and a young Power-Man (Luke Cage), which I think it is safe to say will definitely NOT be a part of the new TV roster. However, I think it was only that TV roster that actually included Squirrel Girl as part of the team. Regardless, if I had to guess, they will use some type of hybrid roster from the comics history as well as the team history, which will also not include a lot of the biggest names. They did the same thing for The Defenders roster.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Thor: Ragnarok first teaser trailer just dropped. I'm still trying to decide if I like where they are going with this one or not. What I know for sure I don't like is trailers like this that pretty much tell the entire plot for the first half of the movie in the trailer.... I mean seriously, especially in the first trailer!!! Kind of makes me angry. Lastly, thought the "work friend" line was pretty cheasy if that is the direction they are going with the humor.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Seems obvious they are channeling Guardians of the Galaxy there but it looks interesting.
In other news, finally saw Doctor Strange last night. It was decent, not sure what the Oden search in the post credits will involve. Does it relate to infinity wars?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Seems obvious they are channeling Guardians of the Galaxy there but it looks interesting.
In other news, finally saw Doctor Strange last night. It was decent, not sure what the Oden search in the post credits will involve. Does it relate to infinity wars?

The Oden search is a scene from Thor: Ragnarok

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE

Thor: Ragnarok first teaser trailer just dropped. I'm still trying to decide if I like where they are going with this one or not. What I know for sure I don't like is trailers like this that pretty much tell the entire plot for the first half of the movie in the trailer.... I mean seriously, especially in the first trailer!!! Kind of makes me angry. Lastly, thought the "work friend" line was pretty cheasy if that is the direction they are going with the humor.

I'm not sure what this ruined. This trailer pretty much follows every synopsis that has been released about the movie. I would bet that none of these scenes in the teaser are from anywhere in the second half of the movie.
And that line is classic Taika Waititi. I have loved everything he has done from Flight of the Conchords, What We Do In the Shadows, and Hunt For the Wilderpeople.

• Agree
Reactions: bos and 3GenClone

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The villains are so over powered. Its gonna be awesome to see the heroes have to outsmart them. Cate Blanchett looks sexy as hell too. Daaaaayum.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm not sure what this ruined. This trailer pretty much follows every synopsis that has been released about the movie. I would bet that none of these scenes in the teaser are from anywhere in the second half of the movie.
And that line is classic Taika Waititi. I have loved everything he has done from Flight of the Conchords, What We Do In the Shadows, and Hunt For the Wilderpeople.

Who knows, maybe I'm just acting like a baby. Yes, it isn't really telling me anything I don't know, but kind of like the last Spider-Man trailer, I don't want a walk-through of even the first half of the movie at all. It is very possible to show great visuals and give you a great feel for a movie while still being fairly ambiguous. A good example of what I want is the first couple Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailers. Those trailers are awesome, hilarious, and still leave me not knowing a single thing about what that movie is about. Again, maybe I'm just being a baby and maybe I just need to retire from trailers altogether.

As for the humor, I saw Hunt for the Wilderpeople here recently just to get a feel for Taika, and while I appreciated it and found it funny, it didn't wow me to any extent. I'm also still unsure how he'll blend that type of humor well into a Thor movie, and if it will work. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. His short clips of Thor have been mostly funny that he's released, but at the same time, that completely dumb oaf Thor isn't the Thor I want to see in the movies, and it also doesn't fit what we've seen so far of him. I'd rather those just be funny non-canon one-offs for kicks and giggles.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone catch Loki up in the booth during the Thor Hulk fight?

Yes, hes orchestrating everything as usual. There was just a ton of great characters shown. Gonna be a cluster.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron