Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. Michigan St.

jonnyb21

Apr 18, 2006
Here is the tip that I got yesterday about MSU's plan on how they were going to try and beat us.

This is the message I sent a few people:
I didn't want to post this so just anyone could see this. I friend of mine that goes to MSU gave me a heads up about the voting. MSU is purposely not voting to hopefully make us think that we have this in the bag. She didn't say when they were going to make the push but I would imagine tomorrow afternoon. She said that they have a group of about 30 - 40 that are going to use multiple computers (She thought computer lab) and are going to use the holding down the enter button trick, all night. I thought I would give a heads up and if you could maybe forward to some key people here that would be great, but remember keep it on the back channels!

So if they start cutting into our lead this is what is happening! :wink0st:

Post this on every Cyclone message board you have an account with!

Seriously though, the ONLY mascot/logo that could compete with ours and probably beat ours is a hurricane :) Stupid spartans...

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
As long as it is manual.

J. Darin Darst

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:10 PM
To: Darst, J. Darin
Subject: RE: this mascot thing-Please explain

I agree 100% so rapid firing is allowed to submit votes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:59 PM
To: Dave
Subject: RE: this mascot thing-Please explain

No – we said along time ago – this is the American Idol of mascots – vote as many times as you like as long as they are MANUAL votes – if you want to spend all night clicking 50,000 times, that’s fine, but what’s not allowed is setting up an automated program to vote while you are sleeping.

J. Darin Darst

To: Darst, J. Darin
Subject: this mascot thing-Please explain

What exactly are the rules?

“Word on the street is Iowa State has a computer lab with 30 computers set up for 24-hour voting. Students are in shifts coming in and click, click, clicking.”-

Is there a limited amounts that you can vote?

Please explain

Dave

Last edited:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
56% Iowa State Cyclones
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

44% Michigan State Spartans
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

Total Votes: 3472275

About a 416,000 vote lead. Although MSU is planning to make a charge tonight. Keep voting...we are so close to the finish line.​

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think there has been a huge amount of voting going on over the last few hours. The sprint to the finish has definitely started.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron