Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. Michigan St.

matt8879

Apr 11, 2006
Since we are keeping them at arms reach, isn't it getting about time for CBS to call a blarge and give the match to the Michigan St.?:rofl8yi:

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
Actually, as far as "not being able to get in" being an issue, I am voting from Germany, on a machine hooked up to a "storm sewer" of a connection, so when I push the "vote" button, I can really cram some votes in there, manually. Being off-cycle, time-wise, plus having a superior connection really makes a difference in my ability to vote. Now, back to hitting the "enter" button for another few hours!

:biggrin9gp:

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
Actually, as far as "not being able to get in" being an issue, I am voting from Germany, on a machine hooked up to a "storm sewer" of a connection, so when I push the "vote" button, I can really cram some votes in there, manually. Being off-cycle, time-wise, plus having a superior connection really makes a difference in my ability to vote. Now, back to hitting the "enter" button for another few hours!

:biggrin9gp:

good for you herbiedoobie !!!:wink0st: .... it's rise and shine and CLICK away time overhere !!! :biggrin9gp:

GO CYCLONES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Our lead is more like 350,000 votes than 380,000, if the Sportsline poll is to be believed. But regardless, we had a lead of over 150,000 votes -- maybe close to 200,000 -- before MSU mounted its "comeback." MSU then built a lead of about 300,000, according to your numbers. That's a swing of 500,000 votes in MSU's favor, which isn't all that different than the 650,000 vote swing in our direction, when you consider all the die-hard fans each side has voting.

EXACTLY! How come it was perfectly "legal" when you guys did it but when we do it its "cheating"???? Makes no sense...

Also, if you have voted for more than about 20 minutes straight by holding down the enter button, you know that the site will crash and you will have to reload the page. So someone leaving something heavy on the Enter key works for all of about 20 minutes.

Onen more thing, if you don't think that people are doing that on your side of the poll, then you are mistaken.

Last edited:

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
I have timed out 3 times in a row. msu is obviously cheating now. Call Jarrin Darst I am sure he needs to hear about this!!!

WWhhaaa! I want my mommy...WWhhaaaa!
Iowa State is beating us....WWhhaaaa! Internet polls aren't fair...WWhhaaa! My votes aren't all being counted...WWhhaaa! Somebody said he was voting 600,000 times and hour and I believed him... WWhhaaa!

Last edited:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I have timed out 3 times in a row. msu is obviously cheating now. Call Jarrin Darst I ma sure he needs to hear about this!!!

WWhhaaa! I want my mommy...WWhhaaaa!
Iowa State is beating us....WWhhaaaa! Internet polls aren't fair...WWhhaaa! My votes aren't all being counted...WWhhaaa! Somebody said he was voting 600,000 times and hour and I believed him... WWhhaaa!

You forgot to mention that Josh Huber can't log his allotted 500,000 votes this round. That's the real tragedy.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I cant believe how bitter things have gotten over a stupid web poll. LOL. And when its all over noone will care anymore and everyone will get back to work. Its just funny how things get so divided between people when it comes to something people are so passionate about.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Looks like one of our own has finally broken through and been allowed to post on sparty's tailgate.

Dittos!!! :rofl8yi::rofl8yi:

Today, 08:47 AM #661 (permalink) Spinning Bird Domination vbmenu_register("postmenu_3604369", true);

Do Your Boyfriends Follow Sports?
What a bunch of girls! You're getting your *** whipped by a more motivated fan base. Take it like men!

If anyone is using a script, CBS will be able to tell. And I'm not aware of any script that prohibits other people from voting. LOL

Why is it so incomprehensible that you could get outvoted? WYOMING almost did it and they've got like one fan per 10 square miles out there. And we're also picking up support from a lot of other fans who want to see someone new win this thing.

As long as Curtis Shaw doesn't call a blarge in the closing minutes, we win.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I cant believe how bitter things have gotten over a stupid [insert sports-related activity here]. LOL. And when its all over noone will care anymore and everyone will get back to work. Its just funny how things get so divided between people when it comes to something people are so passionate about.
Remove the words "web poll", and that description could be applied toward just about anything at all. How about the ISU-Nebraska football game? In the grand scheme of life, a silly football game isn't going to make one bit of a difference in anything besides how people spend a single Saturday afternoon. But we still care about it anyway, and good for us for doing so!

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Well, they're still pissing and moaning, but their desperation to believe anything other than "we're getting beaten by ISU" is very funny:

MSU ROX said:
dosent change the fact that you guys still suck major donkey d***.
Ooh! Classy and witty, not to mention excellent use of spelling and grammar. No wonder everyone in this poll thinks so highly of the Spartans, Mr. ROX.

TheDoctorIsIn said:
spinning bird dominatrix
confused.gif

why would someone want to be known as that. that's sick, dude
I'm surprised they still can't read 'domination'. After all, the Spartans experience 'domination' right on schedule every year when they play Michigan! Oh well, can't teach an old dog new four-syllable words, right?

Though I gotta say, this one made me burst out laughing. Doc, if I could give you positive rep, I would have done so here:
TheDoctorIsIn said:
Don't worry guys. I have rigged up a battleship off the coast of Florida to register 1700 votes per second via satellite . We should have this thing back in a matter of minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that not only do both sides care WAY too much about this thing, but the Spartans have a bigger inferiority complex than we do? "CBS is out to get us. This thing is rigged. Everyone is cheating. Irrefutable evidence. If ISU doesn't get DQ'd, CBS just wants us to lose."

P.S. Apparently none of them have been to Ames, if they think that CBS is a broadcasting company...

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that not only do both sides care WAY too much about this thing, but the Spartans have a bigger inferiority complex than we do? "CBS is out to get us. This thing is rigged. Everyone is cheating. Irrefutable evidence. If ISU doesn't get DQ'd, CBS just wants us to lose."

P.S. Apparently none of them have been to Ames, if they think that CBS is a broadcasting company...

Well played. :biggrin9gp:

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines

you mean its not???

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Just heard a rumor that Joshuab from spartytailgate may have gone too far in pushing CBS's rules. Can't say how I know this, but the problem is related to his admitting that he voted 35,000 times. How is that possible without some sort of mechanical assistance????

Darst is considering whether to pull the plug and declare ISU the winner.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron