Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. Michigan St.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

never-give-up-frog.jpg

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
assuming the website works I have secured 15 computers for the night and a crew to staff them at ellsworth community college to vote all night. Now, how do I turn the cookies off.
Good man! We need more of that kind of spirit, lol.

I PM'd you a big list of directions on how to vote. Also, if the CBS server still isn't working, you can try plugging the poll's web address into ProxyWebsite.org Anonymous Proxy Browser. I'm not sure if the tricks work there or not, but you'll at least be able to vote.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
They can **** and moan all they want. This poll is the first one I've really made a concerted effort on. Informed others on how to vote and voted myself excessively. If others are doing the same it is easy to see why we are destroying them. They are now crying because we are kicking thier collective arses. Boo Hoo somebody must be cheating to beat the mighty msu. Typical of a little eleven school. They should all go find Smoker hang out in his off campus apartment and relax. The squinty bloodshot eyes, Greatful Dead, and blacklight will make it all feel better. Keep voting all, destroy the evil that is msu.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
They can **** and moan all they want. This poll is the first one I've really made a concerted effort on. Informed others on how to vote and voted myself excessively. If others are doing the same it is easy to see why we are destroying them. They are now crying because we are kicking thier collective arses. Boo Hoo somebody must be cheating to beat the mighty msu. Typical of a little eleven school. They should all go find Smoker hang out in his off campus apartment and relax. The squinty bloodshot eyes, Greatful Dead, and blacklight will make it all feel better. Keep voting all, destroy the evil that is msu.

A few comments:

Mother F*s don't know what they're up against! We have an incredible amount of pride. They aren't up against S.W. Missouri State. Big XII vs Big 10, welcome to the big time sparty.

They don't realize how lucky they were in 2000 and the better team didn't win, we haven't forgotten.

F5 baby!!!!

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
and apparently they have more evidence against us as well....

Darst saw the message while it was still posted on the "Vote for Cy!!" facebook group.

CBS knows.

There's also some more evidence, although not as blatant as the one I just posted.

If CBS doesn't do anything, it's because they wanted us to lose, which has been obvious from the time Darst posted here and acted all holier-than-thou and called spartantailgate.com's admins "clowns"

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
:laugh8kb: Yes that sounds just like an ISU fan! :rolleyes5cz: This "evidence" was posted by a complete idiot. I've never ever seen an ISU fans type such ridiculous text.. ever! If anyone knows anything about the ISU fan base, its that we don't have unintelligent hangers on (unlike some schools I don't need to mention).

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What I love is reading the cross site smack. They post something and one our members copy/pastes it here and adds a comment, then they do the same on their site. It's quite entertaining.

Regardless of the out come, kudos to both the Fanatics and the Tailgaters for a good battle.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
wow. i love how they say they would never leave things on the enter button since they have been warned before. ya, like they still don't do it and just claim that they arent. plus I have serious doubts about how leaving it on there for a long ammount of time would actually work. I just hit enter for maybe 30 seconds and restart.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
And if we are mass voting with just leaving something on the enter voting, ie hardcore cheating, how would they be keeping up without doing the same thing.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Just a note arfabe16:
servers flooded and them getting thousands of votes during it? Yeah, right...

look at their boards... they couldn't vote either.

If SpartanTailgate and CycloneFanatic voters (the most hardcore voters of all) couldn't get votes in, but Iowa State's lead was growing at an alarmingly fast rate... what's the explanation?

Here's the explanation: that tool Brody from the "Vote for Cy!!" facebook group.

I think most ISU people here were getting "Timed Out" while MSU was amassing a ton of votes to rally against our lead that we amassed at the start. I could be wrong, as I haven't voted much in the MSU/ISU poll. That's just the way that I remember it as I read this exact thread. I'd rather have posted this on your site, but apparently the mods don't want to allow me that ability. Meh, in all honesty, with how much both of our schools/fans have taken this online poll, we're both massive losers who have nothing better to do.

Last edited:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
So... let me get this straight. MSU's "irrefutable proof" is some guy on a facebook group that SAYS he's voting 600 times a minute? That's it? Well, hell, I didn't know that SAYING something was all it took to make it true. Let's give this a shot:

I am king of Bulgaria! And I have $10,000 in a suitcase under my bed! And France doesn't exist anymore!

Boy, I can't wait for all that stuff to come true!

Seriously Spartans, come on. You guys aren't Hawkeyes; there have to be at least a few of you that can hold your own in an IQ match against a doorknob. You call this "irrefutable proof"? Nope, sorry. After WSU, none of us are stupid enough to try and cheat. This is all legit. Suck it up, arfabe- stop being a drama queen and go vote for your mascot.

Sheesh.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
AND this is getting way out of line for an online poll where the results don't really determine anything. If either of us get DQ'd it ruins the spirit of competition.

arfabe-msu

May 23, 2007
AND this is getting way out of line for an online poll where the results don't really determine anything. If either of us get DQ'd it ruins the spirit of competition.

cheating also ruins the spirit of competition.

I have no problem with you guys beating us fair and square. In fact, I didn't get into it this week (I was all voted out from the Wyoming thing and I've had a lot of work). Just didn't have the time... would've voted more if I could've.

But you have to understand that if I see someone admitting to cheating, it will bother me, just like it would bother you if someone on our board said "I rigged computers to vote 500 times per minute!! woo hooo!!!"

You know it would really bother you.

Matter of fact is, this guy is a real ISU person... with over 200 friends from ISU on facebook... and your comeback happened at an alarming rate... your lead similarly grew ridiculously...

and all of this happened while neither our people OR your people could vote.

Tell me if that's not "fishy," to say the least.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
cheating also ruins the spirit of competition.

I have no problem with you guys beating us fair and square. In fact, I didn't get into it this week (I was all voted out from the Wyoming thing and I've had a lot of work). Just didn't have the time... would've voted more if I could've.

But you have to understand that if I see someone admitting to cheating, it will bother me, just like it would bother you if someone on our board said "I rigged computers to vote 500 times per minute!! woo hooo!!!"

You know it would really bother you.

Matter of fact is, this guy is a real ISU person... with over 200 friends from ISU on facebook... and your comeback happened at an alarming rate... your lead similarly grew ridiculously...

and all of this happened while neither our people OR your people could vote.

Tell me if that's not "fishy," to say the least.

And you have to realize that I totally understand what you are saying. But the fact is no matter who is behind, we are going to say each other is cheating. I think it would be BS for us to get disqualified because a fellow student of mine who I have never met decided to be a ______ in this competition. Just because someone admitted it trying to act cool on a facebook account doesn't mean there aren't just as many people on your side doing it without trying to be a postwhore about it.

The only point I am trying to make is that their are hundreds of people both on the ISU and MSU side putting in a lot of time and effort over an online poll that doesn't really matter for anything, and it would be criminal to disquailify over such a little event that you know a few people are probably doing on each side.

If we lose to you guys I would not feel the least bit bitter about it. I think it is great that you have fans that put this much time and effort into a meaningless poll in the name of your mascot. The vote totals each team have put up compared to the rest of the schools in the competition says a lot about how loyal the fans are of each school. The more power to whoever wins!

Last edited by a moderator:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
iI'm also curious how someone with the most rudimentary of spelling and grammatical ability could 'hook two computers together' on order to vote more efficiently. I really don't see how this could work. Perhaps one of our computer science majors could elaborate on how this is even possible. It's not like clearing a logjam down on the river- you can't just chain two computers together and smash your way through the slow parts of the internet...

Sounds to me like some jockstrap is trying to look macho and be everyone's savior, despite the fact that he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary.

arfabe-msu

May 23, 2007
And you have to realize that I totally understand what you are saying. But the fact is no matter who is behind, we are going to say each other is cheating. I think it would be BS for us to get disqualified because a fellow student of mine who I have never met decided to be a douchebag in this competition. Just because someone admitted it trying to act cool on a facebook account doesn't mean there aren't just as many people on your side doing it without trying to postwhore about it.

The only point I am trying to make is that their are hundred of people both on the ISU and MSU side putting in a lot of time and effort over an online poll that doesn't really matter for anything, and it would be criminal to disquailify over such a little event that you know a few people are probably doing on each side.

600 votes per minute is not "little"

especially not when the server was flooded and neither us or you could get votes.

SOMEONE must've been getting votes in... and you took a lead of 300,000 votes away from us in a matter of hours, to then create a lead of 380,000 votes for yourselves in a matter of hours too.

do you really think we just randomly stopped voting while you guys got 700,000 votes in?