Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. Michigan St.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Just heard a rumor that Joshuab from spartytailgate may have gone too far in pushing CBS's rules. Can't say how I know this, but the problem is related to his admitting that he voted 35,000 times. How is that possible without some sort of mechanical assistance????
If you have fast computers, a good connection, and excessive spare time this doesn't sound too huge to me.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
I suppose 35000 votes over 7 days is possible without mechanical assistance, but that means he had to vote 10 times a minute for eight hours each and every day. Hard to believe that things are that boring in Lansing, but I suppose it is possible.

If that is the level of effort that those geeks at MSU are employing to vote, then I supposed they deserve to win.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
we are going to be forced to vote like this next round. msu will use all cheating techniques to bring us down.

i think i am getting sick of this poll. lets have a no gloves boxing match to determine the winner.

Cyano

Nov 16, 2006
Des Moines
ISU fans and MSU fans (if they are still lurking) can take this however they want. MSU was calling foul play based on a facebook post by an ISU student and sent it to Darst at CBS, if you missed all the action read this site back several pages. I messaged him on facebook to see what his response would be to MSU's claim of him cheating and that he is the sole reason we mounted a response and took such a commanding lead.

Here is his response: "what i said was a complete lie mocking everyone who was talking about doing that sh*t and other stuff. honestly i have no idea even where to start for setting up a program to do these things and have never perpetrated such a scam. if you have any idea how i could pass this on to the right person let me know because i would like to inform them that there is no foulplay involved in my harmless, complete mockery of a comment." Hope that helps.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This was posted over at Spartan tailgate, I thought it was interesting:

I emailed Darst too...all he said was 'I wish I could give you an answer -- I know our tech department is blocking people who are voting in mass quanities (automated programs).'

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
What is funny, is they went from being ahead, then behind, to them claiming foul play on our part and then the slams on our 2000 bball team along with why LE was fired.

I have no ill will against MSU for the 2000 game. It was the best game of the tourney and both teams matched up very very well against each other. I would have loved to see that game played 3,4 even 10 more times no matter the outcome.

- keep.

ljs6756

Apr 10, 2006
Has CBS stoped the counting of votes because i cant seam to get to the results page, It just keeps on letting me vote and I have changed to my setting to save all cookies. Anyone know or is it just my end.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
does this include the rapid fire enter pushing button
Sounds like it.

SantaFeSpartan said:
It looks like they blocked all mass voting, including manual. The count is climbing maybe 100 votes every 5 minutes. At this point, there is no way we could ever make up this shortfall in a day without multiple votes, so you might as well not even bother. It would take us months to catch up.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Now that mass voting is disabled, probably because everyone is accusing everyone of cheating, I think it's safe to say this. I just farted, so everyone might want to leave the area (approx. 5 square miles around me).

But seriously, some of you are taking this whole thing and exploding it out of proportion, on both sides. "You cheated!" "No, YOU cheated!" "I have proof!" "I have DOUBLE proof!" "MSU is getting DQ'd" "ISU is getting DQ'd on Friday." Who really freaking cares? It's an internet poll created for amusement. Thank Christ this is almost over so some of you can do something productive soon.

DareDevil

Nov 27, 2006
Muscatine
Here is the tip that I got yesterday about MSU's plan on how they were going to try and beat us.

This is the message I sent a few people:
I didn't want to post this so just anyone could see this. I friend of mine that goes to MSU gave me a heads up about the voting. MSU is purposely not voting to hopefully make us think that we have this in the bag. She didn't say when they were going to make the push but I would imagine tomorrow afternoon. She said that they have a group of about 30 - 40 that are going to use multiple computers (She thought computer lab) and are going to use the holding down the enter button trick, all night. I thought I would give a heads up and if you could maybe forward to some key people here that would be great, but remember keep it on the back channels!

So if they start cutting into our lead this is what is happening! :wink0st:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron