MBB Departures: First McIntosh, then "?"

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Fine, when it happens, I'll be waiting to tell you "I told you so".

You can choose to believe me or not, I could care less. And what does being on a message board for any amount of time have to do with anything? By your amazing theory, Greg McDermott could come on here one day and post something, but nope, it's not true because he's only been on here one day.

That's some logic you got there.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Fine, when it happens, I'll be waiting to tell you "I told you so".

You can choose to believe me or not, I could care less. And what does being on a message board for any amount of time have to do with anything? By your amazing theory, Greg McDermott could come on here one day and post something, but nope, it's not true because he's only been on here one day.

That's some logic you got there.

If it were verifiably Greg McDermott he wouldn't be anonymous, would he?

Length of time has to do with earned trust. If you have been here for a year, posted more than a handful of time and been right in your predictions before, there would be a reason to trust you.

Lacking that, it'd be pretty silly to "just trust".

Not that it really matters anyway.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Who really cares. There is a rumor. We don't know who it is. Just sit back and let it unfold. We'll all find out soon enough. What does knowing earlier really do anyway. Whatever happens was going to happen regardless.

Zen moment of the day.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Because knowing who it is early makes it fun watching you all try and figure it out. Its like a little kid trying to figure out what he is getting for Christmas.

Actually, I dont know who it is but it is still comical to watch.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
Because knowing who it is early makes it fun watching you all try and figure it out. Its like a little kid trying to figure out what he is getting for Christmas.

Actually, I dont know who it is but it is still comical to watch.

It reminds me of a monkey giving a football a good rogering.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
you know what i just realized.. i bet they are waiting til after the 25th to say who else is leaving, because the 25th is the banquet

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
you know what i just realized.. i bet they are waiting til after the 25th to say who else is leaving, because the 25th is the banquet

But the 25th is pay day, we can't be a debbie downer on pay day. Lets just wait until the 26th :biggrin9gp:

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
I sure hope its not Dodie. I like the kid and thought he should have played a lot more this year. Not sure why he would transfer, other than there are a lot of incoming guards. With the MT situation, I would think that Dodie would almost be guaranteed significant playing time next year if not a lock fo a starting spot.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Stratos just brought back reports that Skeletor has left Snake Mountain, and is currently talking to Alford's former recruits in Iowa City. We shall have to unite and fight him off for Eternia/Ames!

Dude, I have to admit, I love your schtick.

man-at-arms.jpg

Man-At-Arms is all about it.

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
i bet the person in question is a member of the iowa state basketball team and you can take that to the bank

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Iowa is going to hire Larry Brown? Who is your source? By the way I think it is Mike!!!:wink0st:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We all know im the biggest MASTER in this universe, youre just lucky they edit what hangs out from below my turtleneck. Orko hopes that someone put this out premature, he knows its probably true, but maybe some have enough sense to relax til we get actual word and an actual name.
Orko-4.jpg

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
Anyway you look at it, ISU is going to be minus 2 experienced guards next year. That is really going to set us back. We're going to go through backcourt growing pains all over again.

Does this mean that we'll have another scholie? If so who do we go after. Will GMac try to get a juco point guard for some imediate help?

joshf80

Mar 26, 2006
According to a very reliable source who just happens to start for the bball team.........It's Dodie who will be leaving!

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
According to a very reliable source who just happens to start for the bball team.........It's Dodie who will be leaving!

This is what I was afraid of. I didn't want to say anything, but most of the MBB team eats at the UDCC on campus, and the past month or two, McIntosh and Dunson have been eating with the rest of them less and less.

I would say it's because they don't live in that area of campus, but hey ate there quite frequently until spring semester (Conference Games started), and then became sort of recluses to the rest of the team. I wish Dodie would stay, but... if he's unhappy here, he should leave. Looks like we may be heading into another sub-par year in 2007-2008... arrrrgh.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Bum deal about another guard transferring, but I don't think the sky is falling. McIntosh played better but a bigger more physical guard would be an upgrade and I think we would be better off playing a guard with more upside. Cory seemed overmatched in Big XII play.

Taylor or Dodie leaving would leave a big void. If it is Taylor, well he did have some off-court problems and on-court was sometimes a bit out of control. But he difinitely had game and could create his own shot plus was very versatile. HUGE loss if it is Taylor. Dodie gave us some great minutes, but I can see a Garrett or Brister giving us the same quality of play or better if they live up to the hype.

Saw some pretty good freshmen guards in the NCAA's. That kid from Louisville was darn good. So while the loss of another guard hurts, I look at it that we might have another year of learning and the PT for the newcomers might actually help in the long run. At least we have the summer to deal with it. If it is Dodie, we could lose Taylor to grades if he is slacking. Time will tell I guess.