MBB: Meltdown thread

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lickliter is similar in his approach.

McD plays a lot of players amd rotates in and out. Maybe that works better with less talent teams until you play really good teams.

The ability to motivate question probably will be asked soon if we lose to Iowa.

For instance, how can we be less motivated than the other three in state schools during the game?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
To get rolled 40 by Drake, don't you have to...kind of give up? Can the team really be that bad talentwise such that playing their hardest ends up in a 40 point loss to Drake? I just have a really hard time believing that.

I'm really interested to see what happens against Lackluster (sorry I know that's mean, but I couldn't resist using that just one time) and EIU this weekend. Supposedly that program was in disarray after Alford left. If the Squawks somehow end up rolling ISU like Drake did, then I think it might be time for someone to considering getting on the radio and calling Houston...

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Drake almost doubled the score on us. Reminds me when Creighton used to swamp the Nebraska Big Red ship these last two years. The MVC just hustkes more than the Big 12 players. Sorry Big 12. Southern Illinois, Creighton, Bradley, and others play very hard with less talent.

Drake may win the mythical state championship.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I know Wes Eckmeier and Lucca and Wes and Craig will bring true scoring to this team next year.

Honestly I'm not real excited about any of the recruits I have been hearing about for 08 or 09. I don't know if I have patience to wait untill '10. I am not calling for anyone to be fired. I was however, skeptical of the McDermott hire.

Lickliter is similar in his approach.
Doesn't Lickliter run a motion offense? That should be much easier for people to grasp than a bunch of set plays that we can never get 'set' for...

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Let's hope things get going soon. Coach has proven he can get it done everywhere else he has been. I think most of us were hoping for quite a bit this year, including beating UNI and Drake.

Too bad everywhere else was not the Big 12. I was not excited about his hire. His last couple of years at UNI were chokejobs down the stretch in the conference and first round exits in the NCAA tourney. UNI made those tourneys based on early year performance and the fact that every media outlet has fallen in love with the MVC.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Somebody email the Drake box score to that NCAA committee reviewing Lucca's case. Maybe they will have compassion and free Lucca...

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Some good is coming out of this worthess basketball season. I kept MediaCom just so I could watch the 17 ISU games they're planning to carry. But I want HD and Direct TV is $30/month cheaper. That's a price I'd be willing to pay to watch good basketball. So it's goobye Media Com, hello Direct TV! (And I'll spend the money saved taking my wife out for dinner.)

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Re: McDermott Basketball

I'm concerned with the talent level and style of play with McDermott basketball. What I'm watching is not anywhere close go NCAA tourney talent or for that matter, NCAA tourney play. I've followed ISU basketball for over 30 years. I gave Greg a mulligan his first year, but this is worse than Johnny Orr road game basketball. Everyone was so quick to pull the trigger on Wayne Morgan, but this is worse.

I'll give you the style of play...pretty boring basketball. If I wasn't biased toward the Clones, I'd rather watch a Johnny Orr loss than a McD win.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Just watch, we'll have multiple player defections after this year and then a few injuries to start next year. And it won't be much better. GMac HAS to get a handle on the player defection issue. If he doesn't he won't be around long. And I will be all for giving him the boot. Losing by 35 to freaking Drake is damn near a fireable offense by itself.

Next year is it. Either GMac is going to get an extension or he's going to get fired.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just watch, we'll have multiple player defections after this year and then a few injuries to start next year. And it won't be much better. GMac HAS to get a handle on the player defection issue.

I agree, I wouldn't be suprised to see at least one or two more move on...

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'm sorry, Iowa State basketball is just not entertaining to watch anymore. Without an upswing at the end of the season, season ticket sales are going to plunge, as will walk up ticket scores throughout this season.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Not much else needs to be said other than we just really suck. Man, we are in some kind of slump in Bball and Fball. I really miss the good ol' days when I was in school from '98-'02, no responsibilities and everything to cheer for...now the opposite!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I didn't see the game, and I don't know what happened, but a 30+ point loss is embarrassing to any team. But Drake? Seriously.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron