Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I notice it quite often from people who go into stores and think they are being careful because they put their mask on. Hey bud, nice job not disinfecting your hands or adjusting it and then opening the door, touching groceries and then putting them back then using the card payer all while having dirty hands. Nice you have a mask on, but realize you just wrecked a major part of the benefit by touching your face and mask and not disinfecting or washing your hands before touching anything else.

I've said this before but it's astonishing that people can't think to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer for such situations.

kcbob79clone

Reactions: aauummm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

"Uncontrolled Spread". Hasn't 90% of the world had controlled spread since February? No one wants any virus, so even one person being infected is "uncontrolled" if it wasn't planned.

Anyway, the case curve is indeed rolling over in the U.S. now. About 2 weeks behind Europe, just like the spring wave.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Not sure what point you're making, who said Russia was doing well on this? Sweden is often the poster child for less intervention by the government. Koreas, I'm not sure what to do with you mixing North and South Korea in an analysis. Can you just be clear in what you're trying to say?

Every country that enjoyed their time as the "model" for dealing with covid is exactly where we are and in most cases worse. Meaning nobody has the answer to this be it masks, distancing, herd immunity or unadulterated debauchery.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
South Korea has 500 deaths in a densely populated population of 52 million.

The only way they haven't done well comparable to the world at large is in the eyes of people who can't take news of new small pockets here and there in proper context.

Imagine of the US only had about 3000 deaths (S Korea equivalent) instead of well over 200k. Plus I know from first hand experience their businesses are widely open compared to ours and their daily lives are closer to normal through most of this.

NPR, NYT and WSJ are reporting community spread and lockdowns?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
CNBC claiming Iowa is 50% positive tests now. I haven’t seen a single county hit that number yet.

I have. While they are not that high now, Jones County was over 50%. With 822 inmates positive (76 active, 741 recovered, 5 dead) and 140 prison staff (28 active, 112 recovered), after having done fairly well until recently at Anamosa, it is not surprising. Nearly 85% of the inmates.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
CNBC claiming Iowa is 50% positive tests now. I haven’t seen a single county hit that number yet.
Not sure where CNBC is getting their info. Iowa was 18.6% positive yesterday. Lyon County has the worst 14 day average positive at around 35%. Jones County is next around 29%. Not good but it seems it is hard to know what is really going on.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Acylum
Status
Not open for further replies.