Michael Zachary

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
From what I've seen, he's a really athletic kid that scores a lot of points. State champ last year at 132, 4th at 120 the year before. Fairly heavy favorite to win again this year.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
He is undefeated on the year at 145. He was State Champ last year for Dowling at 132, was 4th at 120 as a Freshman.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
  • Iowa Wrestling ‏@IAwrestle 33m33 minutes ago
    2x State Champ Michael Zachary from Dowling has committed to @GVWrestling. pic.twitter.com/dUUePCFmzb

CdIzh8QUsAAGCv8.jpg

3:49 PM - 9 Mar 2016 ·

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I went to school with one of the older Zachary's before they enrolled at Dowling for HS. Intelligent and driven kids, great family. I can't recall if Michael is a bloodline Zachary or one of the adopted boys, but they've pretty much all been solid athletes and students. If he wants to play football and wrestle, GV is a great choice and he should excel in both there. Plus GV team is reigning NAIA Wrestling champions.

His family was in the paper a few weeks back about their adoption of a baby girl with Down syndrome in the fall. The couple who had been arranged to be the adoptive parents chose not to adopt when they heard she had Down syndrome (after flying from CA to complete the process). Michael's dad was a doctor at the facility and didn't want the baby to end up in the foster system, so he and his wife adopted her, despite being in their late 50s/early 60s IIRC.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I went to school with one of the older Zachary's before they enrolled at Dowling for HS. Intelligent and driven kids, great family. I can't recall if Michael is a bloodline Zachary or one of the adopted boys, but they've pretty much all been solid athletes and students. If he wants to play football and wrestle, GV is a great choice and he should excel in both there. Plus GV team is reigning NAIA Wrestling champions.

His family was in the paper a few weeks back about their adoption of a baby girl with Down syndrome in the fall. The couple who had been arranged to be the adoptive parents chose not to adopt when they heard she had Down syndrome (after flying from CA to complete the process). Michael's dad was a doctor at the facility and didn't want the baby to end up in the foster system, so he and his wife adopted her, despite being in their late 50s/early 60s IIRC.
Sounds like a great family.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron