Green Bay (2-2)
at Tampa Bay (3-1)
at Jacksonville (2-2)
Chicago (2-2)
at Detroit (0-3)
at Arizona (2-2)
Falcons (2-2)
Giants (3-0)

I see 3 wins for sure (Detroit twice and Houston), that is 4-3.

I think 8-8 has a chance to win the Division. If they win their home games against the division opponents that is 2 more wins 6-3.

I would give them a good chance of winning in Atlanta because they are a running team and the Vikings are suppose to be able to stop the run. That is 7.

I don't know if they can do the above and get one more win with Brad Childress wearing the headphones. I don't like the play calling, they seem to fall behind from the start each week and then have to play catch up with Gus throwing the ball 40+ times while AP and Chester Taylor get less and less carries.

There really is no reason for Gus Frerotte to have 470 passing yards in two games.

Any thoughts?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
No, not with Childress at the helm. He is and has been making some really poor decisions for this team. Then again, it could be the plan so they can move them to LA.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
tough to blame 4 turnovers inside your opponents 20 on the coach. Sounding a little hawkfanish there aren't ya?

Not talking about four turnovers. I'm talking about not properly utilizing the best running back in the league. Just for starters. And that's a historical issue, not just one game. :skeptical:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Not talking about four turnovers. I'm talking about not properly utilizing the best running back in the league. Just for starters. And that's a historical issue, not just one game. :skeptical:

Exactly, if you asked me this question before a ball was even kicked off, I'd have said the same thing. And in fact, told my wife when I kept seeing the Vikes in NFL commercials, "I don't know why they are toting them so much this year. They will not do well."

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Yes they can make the playoffs. They are 1 game behind Green Bay and Chicago. They need to improve, but they have some winnable games. Before the season started, I thought they'd go 10-6. Now, I can see them going 9-7. It's a bad division, and perhaps 9 wins will be enough. The Bears and Packers are not all that impressive either though. I do agree the ONLY way the Vikes make it in is winning the division. The Redskins, Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys are better than the teams in the NFC North. I know the Eagles lost yesterday to the Bears, but it was a close game and had an injured Donovan and didn't have Westbrook.

Here's how I see it go down:

NO - Loss
Detroit - Win
Chicago - Win
Houston - Win
Green Bay - Win
Tampa - Loss
Jacksonville - Loss
Chicago - Win
Detroit - Win
Arizona - Win
Falcons - Win
Giants - Loss

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
The Vikings need a better Offensive Coordinator. Their play calling is too conservative. I think Berrian is overrated as he's dropped some big catches. If the Vikes could get a QB and a playmaking WR, they'd be 13-3, 12-4.

I think people that predicted them to be Superbowl good overrated Berrian and thought that Berrian could make Jackson look good, and they seemed to think that Peterson would dominate. Nothing against Peterson, but if you put 8 guys in the box all game, you aren't going to set rushing records.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Sure--but it would halp if they'd fire Childress.
No, not with Childress at the helm. He is and has been making some really poor decisions for this team. Then again, it could be the plan so they can move them to LA.
With Childress at the helm, not a chance.

I just talked with a die-hard Vikings fan (at least since the Purple People Eater days) and he definitely wants Childress to go.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
I severely dislike Childress. He needs to go and it better be soon. I knew after the first game that he coached that the Vikings were going to be in trouble with him at the helm. Really need someone who is willing to try some things on offense. It is way too predictable.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Didn't he say that his offense was a kick-*** one once? Or something to that effect.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Yes they can make the playoffs. They are 1 game behind Green Bay and Chicago. They need to improve, but they have some winnable games. Before the season started, I thought they'd go 10-6. Now, I can see them going 9-7. It's a bad division, and perhaps 9 wins will be enough. The Bears and Packers are not all that impressive either though. I do agree the ONLY way the Vikes make it in is winning the division. The Redskins, Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys are better than the teams in the NFC North. I know the Eagles lost yesterday to the Bears, but it was a close game and had an injured Donovan and didn't have Westbrook.

Here's how I see it go down:

NO - Loss
Detroit - Win
Chicago - Win
Houston - Win
Green Bay - Win
Tampa - Loss
Jacksonville - Loss
Chicago - Win
Detroit - Win
Arizona - Win
Falcons - Win
Giants - Loss

Two wins over chicago? Chicago is 2-2 but are maybe two plays away from being 4-0.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
That is REALLY frustrating... I really wish they had picked up one of those 2 at least.

I couldnt believe Tillman committed that late hit on 4th down (i cant even remember which game it was.. those two weeks blended into one for me). But whichever team it was would have had to punt out of there endzone. And Gould is as good as gold.