Minnesota Vikings

Cyc1ones

Mar 9, 2008
The Vikings are without the two most important people that make a successful NFL team.

A playoff caliber quarterback, at this point I would take Joe Flacco (a rookie) over T Jack or Ferrotte.

A head coach that knows how to win football games, at this point I would take Jim Zorn or John Harbaugh (both rookie head coaches), over Chili.

Bottomline: Its a disappointment to see my team without a quarterback and a head coach. I see them finishing with a 8-8 or 9-7 record, not making the playoffs, and looking forward to 2009 hoping for a new quarterback and head coach who can win football games and get this team to where they should be...the playoffs.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
No way does 8-8 win the division IMO. I think 9-7 maybe but more likely 10-6 will win it. The Packers look pretty good so far as do the Bears.

The Bears have got through their most difficult part of the schedule. And the Packers don't really have a difficult schedule for the rest of the year either.

Unless the Vikings can sweep the Bears and/or Packers, I don't see them winning the division.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
I have been a Vikings fan for as long as I can remember and I cna't think of a time that is more frustrating. So much talent on D and AP running th ball behind a good o-line (when Hicks is not at LT) and Chili calls for passes. Ferrotte has never been better then a 55% passer so I questioned his addition as a "Solid Veteran QB". The teams mistakes are only magnified byt the coaches lack of creativity or daring in the playcalling. Hell at this point I would rather have Mike Tice back, at least his teams won more with far less.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
It has been very frustrating so far watching the Vikes, I don't think they will make the playoffs and Childress will be fired mid-season. In the off-season we need to get a top flight QB and all will be better.....

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I was so excited for this season. I thought our offense had a chance to be very good behind that line, with AP in the backfield. I was concerned about Jackson from the start but I thought he would at least be able to convert a few 3rd downs.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Any team with an owner named Ziggy is doomed for failure

Actual Ziggy is awesome!! Love the guy, rewards loyalty, treats people well, understands business. Not afraid to bust out the checkbook. After the Vikings previous owners, he is the best by far, and it isn't even close. The gang of 12 was horrible, as was Red McCombs.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
No way does 8-8 win the division IMO. I think 9-7 maybe but more likely 10-6 will win it. The Packers look pretty good so far as do the Bears.

The Bears have got through their most difficult part of the schedule.
Lets see here. The Bears still have to play:

@Detroit
@Atlanta
MN
Detroit
Tennessee
@Green Bay
@STL
@MN
Jacksonville
NO
Green Bay
Houston.

I see 9 tough games. The only "easy" ones are the 2 with Detroit, and the Saint Louis game. Looks like a tough schedule to me....

Lets see the Packers schedule:
Atlanta
@Seattle
Indy
@Tennessee
@Minnesota
Chicago
@NO
Carolina
Houston
@Jacksonville
@Chicago
Detroit

I only "easy games" I see is the 1 Seattle game, and and Detroit. I think you should probably actually look at this stuff before posting.

All three teams are fighting for the division and they all have similar schedules. Even though the Vikes are a dissapointing 1-3, they are only 1 game behind Chicago and Green Bay. With them playing 1 more against Green Bay and 2 more against Chicago, I wouldn't call the season over yet..

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
IMO, the Vikes are almost done. If they lose to the Saints and go 1-4, stick a fork in 'em. Doesn't matter if they have 2 games against Detroit and one against Houston.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I would think ATL and HOU should be winnable games.

I think both teams are better than you give credit for. Yes they are winnable games, but that's the way the NFL is. Every game is winnable and losable. Even the mighty Pats lost last year.

What I am saying is that you can't sleep on ATL and Houston. Houston is better than they have played, and ATL has a ton of upside.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Here's how I see it go down:

NO - Loss
Detroit - Win
Chicago - Win
Houston - Win
Green Bay - Win
Tampa - Loss
Jacksonville - Loss
Chicago - Win
Detroit - Win
Arizona - Win
Falcons - Win
Giants - Loss

I think both teams are better than you give credit for. Yes they are winnable games, but that's the way the NFL is. Every game is winnable and losable. Even the mighty Pats lost last year.

What I am saying is that you can't sleep on ATL and Houston. Houston is better than they have played, and ATL has a ton of upside.
So you can chalk it up for the Vikings... but not for the Bears?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So you can chalk it up for the Vikings... but not for the Bears?

He is also chalking up a win against Arizona which won't be a gimme either.

And of course all of the games in the NFL aren't easy but the Bears have played very well in their first 4 games. I would consider Atlanta and Houston "easy" by NFL standards. Sure they could still lose but that is a given with any team any week.

Reactions: superdorf

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
He is also chalking up a win against Arizona which won't be a gimme either.

And of course all of the games in the NFL aren't easy but the Bears have played very well in their first 4 games. I would consider Atlanta and Houston "easy" by NFL standards. Sure they could still lose but that is a given with any team any week.
Plus he has the Viks beating the Bears both times... which I doubt.