Mizzou to SEC "inevitable and imminent"

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If it goes away, it's unfortunate. It's Kansas...what can you do? They never supported any of the league changes that MU or NU did, and they'd knife us in the back if it gave them any advantage.

I see that you have been talking to the TAMU supporters regarding spin-doctoring the negative fallout of MU's possible decision to leave the Big 12.

Everybody else in the country (apart from TAMU and MU) has enough common sense to realize that in this era of bowl qualification standards and the BCS, when you leave a conference, you are causing circumstances that make it very difficult for your former conference mates to continue rivalries with you. In fact the more you try to blame your former conference mates for not continuing the rivalry games, the more dumb and more pathetic you look.

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I see that you have been talking to the TAMU supporters regarding spin-doctoring the negative fallout of MU's possible decision to leave the Big 12.

Everybody else in the country (apart from TAMU and MU) has enough common sense to realize that in this era of bowl qualification standards and the BCS, when you leave a conference, you are causing circumstances that make it very difficult for your former conference mates to continue rivalries with you. In fact the more you try to blame your former conference mates for not continuing the rivalry games, the more dumb and more pathetic you look.

And if you're Mizzuruh that is really ****ing dumb.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
When Ark. joined the SEC, they expanded their stadium capacity considerably. If Mizzou feels the need is there (they averaged 64K in attendence last year), they'll probably do the same thing with the additional resources.

Either way, I don't see it as much of an issue.

(BTW...you were right! It seems the Rock M IS counted in the overall seating...my mistake. I learned something today!)

And oh yes, there will be a need. After treating the Kansas City region as an afterthought, I am quite sure that Mizzou's fanbase is going to do nothing but grow in that area.

Or are you counting on Boonville suddenly becoming a metropolis filled with well-to-do Tiger fans?

Are you just too stupid to realize the obvious? Mizzou going to the SEC is going to do more harm than good for the university and the state in the long run, with specific lasting damage to the athletic department. Oh I am sure people just can't wait for that highly anticipated Missouri Ole Miss showdown. Or whatever.

I still don't understand why you are here. Do you expect us to suddenly deny facts and claim this is a good move for Mizzou, that it will help them tremendously in the long run? Is that what you need? If indeed Missouri does jump for the SEC it will be the single most idiotic thing I have seen a college athletic program do in my lifetime, right up there with SMU and its flagrant cheating in the 80s.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Kansas' Sheahon Zenger responds to Missouri's directive to pursue a game against KU in Kansas City if MU leaves Big 12

By J. Brady McCollough - Posted on 21 October 2011

Today, Missouri officials said that they would pursue a football game in Kansas City against a traditional rival if they were to leave the Big 12 Conference. MU athletic director Mike Alden said the Tigers would like that team to be Kansas.
Friday afternoon, Kansas athletic director Sheahon Zenger responded.
“KU-Missouri is a great rivalry," Zenger said in a statement. "The University of Kansas is a great Midwestern school, loyal to our Midwestern conference and to our Midwestern roots. The KU-Missouri rivalry belongs in the Big 12 Conference. Should Missouri decide to leave the Big 12, we would wish them well.â€￾

[URL="http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2159"]http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2159[/URL]

Funny that Mo choose to drop the Illinois game in St.Louis this year when we went to 9 conference games instead of ASU.

D

DistrictCyclone

Kansas Administration to Missouri Administration....You can't have it both ways.

Exactly. Mizz-urr-uhh is basically saying "I want a divorce but still want to sleep with you every now and then". Eff that.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Funny that Mo choose to drop the Illinois game in St.Louis this year when we went to 9 conference games instead of ASU.

Funny...if it were at all true. Illinois refused to renew the series, not Missouri. Tigers won the last 4 or 5 in a row. Why would they want to end it?

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Big XII fans across the country will be cheering for Kansas that day. It will be great to watch Kansas beat Mizzou for the final time in that rivalry games history.

I'm not sure what I find more amusing...the idea that there are "Big 12" fans located across the country that will be following that game, or the idea that Kansas can beat Missouri this year. How many yards did GA Tech rush for against them? And we can run the ball a little bit.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not sure what I find more amusing...the idea that there are "Big 12" fans located across the country that will be following that game, or the idea that Kansas can beat Missouri this year. How many yards did GA Tech rush for against them? And we can run the ball a little bit.

Indeed.

Still smarting from the Grand Canyon sized run lanes that enabled Josey to wear himself ragged against ISU last weekend. Didn't need the reminder.

Too soon.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010

Why are you still on here. You just won't give up will you? We don't even have Hawk fans (Hugs4ISU) that get on here day after day after day after day and trash ISU/Big 12.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011

In KC, there are only 3 groups of people who care about this: MU fans, KU and KSU fans, and the business/government leaders who stand to lose money. And from my perspective, only one group's opinion should count.

The business and government leaders don't "support" MU or KU or KSU, for the most part. They just want butts in seats, whether it's to pay the bills for their arena, hotel, restaurant, etc. They REALLY don't care if the remaining Big 12 has hurt feelings about Missouri's departure. We're ready to keep the money flowing for them - but not to detriment of the ENTIRE university.

KU and KSU fans (and the rest of the Big 12) are probably going to reject any offers to play MU in KC. Fine...if we were THAT concerned about not playing them again, we wouldn't have left. But don't think that the business interests give a damn about the Big 12 beyond the dollars it can bring in. They're in the middle, and they're going to "side" with anybody willing to generate tourism in their city.

We are. The rest of Big 12 is not.

Or maybe you're right, and we're so "dumb and pathetic" that the KC venues will boycott us too, and not let us play there. But I wouldn't count on it. :rolleyes:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Why are you still on here. You just won't give up will you? We don't even have Hawk fans (Hugs4ISU) that get on here day after day after day after day and trash ISU/Big 12.

Zoolander isn't here to bash ISU so much as he is here to try and convince everyone how sensible and noble MU's flight to the SEC truly is.

Only problem with that is, we've all been here watching this sad episode play out, so it really rings hollow. Now, lots of people--myself included--who wanted MU to stick around because of 100 years of history have accepted that MU doesn't give a **** about any of that and we probably shouldn't either, at least as it pertains to them.

Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.

images

Reactions: yCy

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Zoolander isn't here to bash ISU so much as he is here to try and convince everyone how sensible and noble MU's flight to the SEC truly is.

Only problem with that is, we've all been here watching this sad episode play out, so it really rings hollow. Now, lots of people--myself included--who wanted MU to stick around because of 100 years of history have accepted that MU doesn't give a **** about any of that and we probably shouldn't either, at least as it pertains to them.

Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.

images

I hope I've never bashed ISU once...no place for that on a Cyclone board. Even in the asylum that is Tigerboard, you'll seldom here anyone bashing Iowa State (other than the usual "farm school" stuff). Nice school, great fans.

I don't expect to change many minds. But if our shared history means anything, then maybe the views of one Missouri fan will get a few to stop and think about what is happening. ISU deserves better than what the Big 12 has become.

BTW, Die4Cy, KU's run defense really IS that bad. James White could hang 150 yds. on those guys...Shontrelle Johnson might have gone for 200.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I don't expect to change many minds.

But if our shared history means anything, then maybe the views of one Missouri fan will get a few to stop and think about what is happening.

ISU deserves better than what the Big 12 has become.

1. You won't.

2. It doesn't.

3. Big 12 is still making bank.

Just remember:

Missouri.png

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Not surprising...what's he SUPPOSED to say? "Sure...let's work out the details before you walk out the door!"

I think the Curators' message was directed more towards the KC business interests (who don't care a bit about KU OR MU) indicating our willingness to continue to support KC. I don't think they expected KU (or anyone else) to jump onboard at this time.

If it goes away, it's unfortunate. It's Kansas...what can you do? They never supported any of the league changes that MU or NU did, and they'd knife us in the back if it gave them any advantage.

So we play out the last game of the Border War (for now) and declare victory. The KU side of Arrowhead will still be half-full.

Wow. You are the KING of rationalization. Nothing is ever Mizzou's fault.

And you are DEAD WRONG. KU has voted for revenue sharing with ISU and MU every time. And they were first in distributions last year. They have always supported what is best for the league and you have no evidence to dispute that.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I hope I've never bashed ISU once...no place for that on a Cyclone board. Even in the asylum that is Tigerboard, you'll seldom here anyone bashing Iowa State (other than the usual "farm school" stuff). Nice school, great fans.

I don't expect to change many minds. But if our shared history means anything, then maybe the views of one Missouri fan will get a few to stop and think about what is happening. ISU deserves better than what the Big 12 has become.

BTW, Die4Cy, KU's run defense really IS that bad. James White could hang 150 yds. on those guys...Shontrelle Johnson might have gone for 200.

You mean like teams in the conference offering themselves publicly to the big 10? I'd to thank Missouri for helping the Big 12 become what it is today.