MLB: MLB Offseason Winter 22-23

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind the new pitch clock. It's always driven me crazy how many times the batter would step out of the box, adjust his gloves, pat down the bat, etc. in a single at-bat. Same with the pitcher messing with the rosin bag, taking a lap around the mound, etc. I love that baseball doesn't have a game clock (and I never want one), but I do think the pitch clock will keep things moving.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind the new pitch clock. It's always driven me crazy how many times the batter would step out of the box, adjust his gloves, pat down the bat, etc. in a single at-bat. Same with the pitcher messing with the rosin bag, taking a lap around the mound, etc. I love that baseball doesn't have a game clock (and I never want one), but I do think the pitch clock will keep things moving.

I agree, look forward to seeing how this speeds up the pace of play. Some of the "routines" these guys do after every pitch get annoying. Guys that don't even swing at a pitch step out and adjust gloves and whatever else they feel they need to between each pitch is just unecessary. Unless you took a big swing and your gloves or piece of body armor shifted as a result there is no need to step completely out of the box after a called ball or strike and adjust anything you are wearing.

I am going to wait and see what I think about the new shift rules. While I hate shifts because it leads to less offense also frustrates me how guys making millions aren't able to poke one the opposite direction when they basically clear out a whole side of the field or even try to lay down a bunt down the 3B line when there is no one even nearby to field it. I think teams that invest in good middle infielders and CF who are solid defensively are going to be the ones that adapt to the rule the best.

Reactions: somecyguy and MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I agree, look forward to seeing how this speeds up the pace of play. Some of the "routines" these guys do after every pitch get annoying. Guys that don't even swing at a pitch step out and adjust gloves and whatever else they feel they need to between each pitch is just unecessary. Unless you took a big swing and your gloves or piece of body armor shifted as a result there is no need to step completely out of the box after a called ball or strike and adjust anything you are wearing.

I am going to wait and see what I think about the new shift rules. While I hate shifts because it leads to less offense also frustrates me how guys making millions aren't able to poke one the opposite direction when they basically clear out a whole side of the field or even try to lay down a bunt down the 3B line when there is no one even nearby to field it. I think teams that invest in good middle infielders and CF who are solid defensively are going to be the ones that adapt to the rule the best.

Yeah, I've not yet formulated an opinion on the shift rules.

I still hate the ghost runner though. I'd be OK if they did that in the 11th or 12th inning, if it gets that far. But keep normal rules for the 10th.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm all for the Pitch Clock. Small sample still but most Spring Training games have been shortened by 20-25 minutes on average compared to last years Spring Training Games. Heck even high scoring games are still only going about 3 hours or so.

Reactions: MJ29

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Completely agree. Watching the world series was frustrating as hell due to the constant stepping out.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Yikes. And now we see why a lot of MLB players opt-out of the WBC.
I'm not a Mets fan whatsoever, but that's a crappy situation for him/them.
If he would’ve gotten hurt while playing I would understand the blame a lot of people are placing on the WBC for this but it was just a freak injury. Just unfortunate.

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

Help Support Us

Become a patron