***MLB Postseason Thread***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, not sure a 5 day layoff is a bonus for sweeping the Yanks. If I could be assured the Cards would win, I'd almost prefer they win in a game 6.

First, I don't think the Cards want this thing going back to SF - they may want to close this thing out now and let the Giants go back to SF by themselves.

Second, unfortunately, this may be setting up like 2006 for the Tigers, where they swept the A's out of the playoffs and then had to wait a week for the World Series to start. Leyland is going to try to keep the game sharp by playing intrasquad games utilizing an organizational "scout" team from Florida, but it's simply not going to be the same.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I hate how MLB schedules the stuff out. Once the last league winner wins, give the other team a day to travel and start the World Series the next day (yes, I know Fox wants the present schedule for ratings purposes).

Today starts a long offseason for the Yankees. I hope to see:

FREE AGENTS
Nick Swisher - Gone
Russell Martin - Gone
Hiroki Kuroda - Leaning towards gone
Andy Pettitte - Hopefully stays one more year
Mariano Rivera - Give him another year
Ichiro Suzuki - Give him another year
Raul Ibanez - Gone
Derek Lowe - Gone
Eric Chavez - Gone
Andruw Jones - Gone
Freddy Garcia - Gone

CLUB OPTIONS
Robinson Cano ($14 million or $2 million buyout) - Pick up and extend
Curtis Granderson ($13 million, $2 million buyout) - Gone

PLAYER OPTION
Rafael Soriano (owed $14 million for 2013, or can take $1.5 million buyout and become a free agent). - Hope he opts out and they let him walk.

Would like to see A-Rod stay.

2. Call up Romine from minors
3. Teixiera
4. Cano
5. A-Rod
6. Jeter
7. Gardner
8. Someone who can hit .300 and not strike out 190+ times in a year
9. Ichiro
0. Rotation of Nunez/Jeter/Teixiera/A-Rod

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I hate how MLB schedules the stuff out. Once the last league winner wins, give the other team a day to travel and start the World Series the next day (yes, I know Fox wants the present schedule for ratings purposes).

Today starts a long offseason for the Yankees. I hope to see:

FREE AGENTS
Nick Swisher - Gone
Russell Martin - Gone, get Pierzynski, NY native
Hiroki Kuroda - stay 1 more year to be #3 pitcher
Andy Pettitte - gone
Mariano Rivera - Give him another year
Ichiro Suzuki - Give him another year only if we offer less salary.
Raul Ibanez - give him 1 year contract
Derek Lowe - gone
Eric Chavez - gone
Andruw Jones - Gone
Freddy Garcia - Gone

CLUB OPTIONS
Robinson Cano ($14 million or $2 million buyout) - Pick up, and extend
Curtis Granderson ($13 million, $2 million buyout) - Gone

PLAYER OPTION
Rafael Soriano (owed $14 million for 2013, or can take $1.5 million buyout and become a free agent). - Hope he stays, if he leaves we should get a set-up guy.
Would like to see A-Rod leave and try to get a younger 3B

1. Jeter
2. Ichiro/ new outfielder
3) Cano
4) Tex
5) new OF
6) new OF
7) new 3B/ A-Rod
8) new C/ Pierzynski
9) Ibanez/ new DH

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
With Zito and Lynn both having high ERAs in the postseason, I expect a 1-0 game where they both go 7 innings. Just the way that seems to happen in the playoffs.

D

DistrictCyclone

So is Detroit going to be so rusty from sitting around these past few days that the NL champ just blows them away in 4?

K

KFitzy87

So is Detroit going to be so rusty from sitting around these past few days that the NL champ just blows them away in 4?
If the Giants get there, I expect Detroit to win in 5 or 6. If the Cards make it, I expect 7 games.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

LeLand says he learned his lesson in 2006 and is going to keep the Tigers fresh.

Big concern out of the Tigers. So much so they brought in an instructional team from Florida to play intrasquad matches yesterday and today. Don't know how effective it will be, but at least they're making an effort to stay focused.

D

DistrictCyclone

IHavNo, what do you think about Cashman saying A-Rod is no longer a superstar?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
So Lohse vs. Cain tomorrow.

Then, Detroit @ NL Champion on Wednesday for Game 1.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So Lohse vs. Cain tomorrow.

Then, Detroit @ NL Champion on Wednesday for Game 1.

I blame myself, I didnt bring my lucky cardinal shamrock hat home with me this weekend. That hat won us the series last year and as dirty and smelly as it is I refused to part with it. Then I left Ames without the hat and the team can't hit and started making stupid errors. If we don't make the series I will burn the hat at work to right every wrong I caused Cardinal Nation.