Most annoying ritual in sports

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Any answer in this thread that isn't college football marching bands is dead wrong.

Yeah, lets take one of the last parts of traditional college football atmosphere out of college football.

While we are at it, let's axe the fight song, the mascots, and the cheer squads. We'll replace it all with canned top 40 pop hits and rap music.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Not really a ritual, but networks profiting off of injuries by showing ads while a player lays hurt always rubs me the wrong way.

What else are they supposed to do? Show the injured player the whole time?
Tomahawk chop chant thing.

USC’s Tribute to Troy song they play incessantly.

And Boomer Friggin’ Sooner.

Tomahawk chop is legit and I’m not even a chiefs/braves/FSU fan

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
What else are they supposed to do? Show the injured player the whole time?

Capture the moment. Talk about the player, his impact on the team, how him being hurt changes things. Show the teammates/coaches/fans and capture the human element of it all.

Then I suppose I’m good with commercials once the story has been told. Too many times it just feels like a money grab as they cut away from the game as quick as possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 3TrueFans

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Capture the moment. Talk about the player, his impact on the team, how him being hurt changes things. Show the teammates/coaches/fans and capture the human element of it all.

Then I suppose I’m good with commercials once the story has been told. Too many times it just feels like a money grab as they cut away from the game as quick as possible.

No one likes being shown at their most vulnerable. They can’t cut away fast enough IMO.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

What if it's Deshaun Watson injured?

• Haha
Reactions: Nothingman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2nded the national anthem.

There's enough hupla before a game starts and one more thing is only more annoying.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah, lets take one of the last parts of traditional college football atmosphere out of college football.

While we are at it, let's axe the fight song, the mascots, and the cheer squads. We'll replace it all with canned top 40 pop hits and rap music.
Username and response very predictable. Good job tootin that horn

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Haven't read other post, so take it as it is. Batter stepping out of box, adjusting gloves , arm guard, gripping bat for 40 seconds,

Time between pitches even before the pitch clock was much less than time between football plays.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

You want longer games? This is how you get longer games.

They've got 14-17 media timeouts to cram into each game. There's not time to piss around with 3 minutes of dead air while somebody gets a cramp rubbed out.