MSG Sphere Las Vegas

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
It's up to you, of course. Bono is like 60 years old so he's not running around during Streets like he used to. Also, odd that there was no Disqoteche or anything from Pop or Zooropa as those songs seem to want this technology. The first half of the show was way more "immersive" with the screen than the second half.

I bought tickets at face value in the 300s and about $500 for GA, and they are differente experience but i think 100 or 200 center is your best bet for a single show. Truthfully, I'm a little shy to tell you to go or not because if you don't like it I don't want to be held responsible!
We went in November and was in GA. Amazing U2 concert and the Sphere show just enhanced everything. I do think the 200-300 level would be the best spot.
as for the set list, do I wish they had played a few older songs, sure, but I wasn't dissappointed In the least.
I don't profess to being the biggest U2 fan (5 shows?), but of the hundreds of live shows I've seen, this was Top 5.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
So Achtung Baby is tied, with War, as my favorite U2 album. I was wanting to go to hear the entire album live but was underwhlemed with how some of the songs sounded on the videos I've seen. I LOVE Zoo Station, easily a top 10 U2 song for me, but wasn't overly impressed with how it sounded.

I'm on the fence now about ponying up. I saw the 2011 stadium tour, in the sweltering StL heat, where they played like 5 Achtung songs on the set list. I then saw the Joshua Tree tour, an album I'm not overly fond of, and was extremely impressed with how much better the live versions sounded.

Should I go? I like hearing it from the perspective of someone who went. I'm also curious where your seats were as I thought the 200-300 hundred level would give the best combo of sound and visuals in the sphere.

Thanks in advance.
if you go ask him how many minutes ward should get

:jimlad::jimlad:;););)

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
We saw U2 there this Fall. If you get a chance to see any artist at the Sphere that you even remotely enjoy- do it!

We sat in the center of the 200 level in the second row…it was surreal. Floor seats is probably not the way to go, 200 gave us such a great vantage point for all the graphics.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Damn, look at how much U2 made for basically 5 months of work:

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
If you have SiriusXM, they put the last Sphere concert on demand in the app. It's pretty good. Of course I wouldn't say it's even better than the real thing that I saw when I went in November.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyrocks

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
If you have SiriusXM, they put the last Sphere concert on demand in the app. It's pretty good. Of course I wouldn't say it's even better than the real thing that I saw when I went in November.
I am jealous. That is so cool

Reactions: CyCoug

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Sorry. Not following. Is that an answer to my question?
$170 million earned by the band -- 18 months of production development instead of five months of performing

Wasn't that your point?