Narrowing things down for our tailgate beer with Barn Town

What beer should we make for tailgates this fall?

• A light, drinkable IPA with a fruity hint

Votes: 84 39.3%
  • A light, drinkable wheat with a fruity hint

Votes: 56 26.2%
  • A red ale

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • A light pilsner

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Ok team. I've gone through the poll results from on the forums and also from social media and narrowed things down. Let's do another round of voting.

Also, please reply with SPECIFICS as to what you would like to have. Flavors. Colors. Types. Etc. What I'm going to do is take what I think are the 3-4 most popular ideas to Barn Town and let them help decide based off of what they think they could make the best.

I'm also asking fo you to NAME THE BEER. Remember, whatever we name it will have to go around Iowa State's trademark laws so nothing with Cyclone in it or Iowa State or anything like that. Let's get fun and creative.

Any artists out there? We are also able to draw up our own label for it as well.

The plan is to have a huge party and tap this on Aug. 18.

Reactions: 1100011CS

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Why are the last two not "drinkable". Are they going to be disgusting? Because I think that will skew my answer

Edit: Completely missed the party part. Hmm, a Saturday at Barn Town near some friends. Might have to get this on the calendar and inform some friends we need a coach..

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I'd like a light IPA or pale with Citra/mosaic or some other fruity/citrus hops. Add some color with blood orange while staying with the tropical profile. Most importantly, this is what Barn Town does at a world class level.

Every pilsner ever created has tasted the same- Pilsner malt and bittering hops. Red ales also get their color from massive amounts of malt- not exactly Barn Towns strength and really tough to execute well.

My main worry was that this would be some novelty beer that we just slapped a label on to call it CF's beer. After listening to the podcast I don't think that CW or Pete will let that happen.

Cheers!

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Just let Fred decide and call it Hoibeer. I chose Red Ale but any of them would be fine w/ me.

Reactions: jcyclonee

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
1- Red ale
2- Wheat+fruity
3- Light IPA + fruity
4. Pils

Honestly i could probably like any of the first 3... theres a lot of IPAs out there right now so i was kind of hoping for something different. Going with a pils just seems boring.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Pilsners are lighter beers. Would a “light pilsner” be lighter than a normal pils or was that just a descriptor?

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
A subtle NEIPA with hints of orange peel and raspberry. We can call it "Weathering the Storm"

Status
Not open for further replies.