197: Marcus Coleman
HWT: Gannon Gremmel

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They are going to have to have individual mat coverage on ESPN + right? I don’t know how you would do a decent job at all with just one screen and 8 mats.

Reactions: cyfan21

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Quick thoughts on expectations for our guys (assuming Colbray gets a spot)

133: Zach Redding - R-16. But if he wrestles with his hair on fire like he did last weekend, who knows. He could sneak to the blood round easily depending on his seeding and matchups.

141: Ian Parker - AA - I don’t care how deep 41 is this year. He should and will AA. That Demas match will only provide more fuel for a kid with an endless gas tank. I’d like to see him in the 5th place match.

149: Jarrett Degen - whatever he gives us, I’m ok with because I know he’s giving everything he can. I pray he can AA one more time. He deserves it if his body can hold up. #thepreyingmantislastride

157: David Carr - Finals. No need to elaborate. He needs to destroy as many kids as possible with TF and Falls along the way.

184: Colbray - who the hell knows. I would like to believe last weekend was him reving up for his top gear. He could sneak into the 7th place match or easily not make the second day.

197: Marcus Coleman: Dark horse to AA. He can do it as he showed us last weekend. He’s gonna be fun to keep track of.

HWT: Gannon Gremmel - AA - anything less than that would be a big let down. I’d like to see him atleast in the 5th place match as well.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
Quick thoughts on expectations for our guys (assuming Colbray gets a spot)

133: Zach Redding - R-16. But if he wrestles with his hair on fire like he did last weekend, who knows. He could sneak to the blood round easily depending on his seeding and matchups.

141: Ian Parker - AA - I don’t care how deep 41 is this year. He should and will AA. That Demas match will only provide more fuel for a kid with an endless gas tank. I’d like to see him in the 5th place match.

149: Jarrett Degen - whatever he gives us, I’m ok with because I know he’s giving everything he can. I pray he can AA one more time. He deserves it if his body can hold up. #thepreyingmantislastride

157: David Carr - Finals. No need to elaborate. He needs to destroy as many kids as possible with TF and Falls along the way.

184: Colbray - who the hell knows. I would like to believe last weekend was him reving up for his top gear. He could sneak into the 7th place match or easily not make the second day.

197: Marcus Coleman: Dark horse to AA. He can do it as he showed us last weekend. He’s gonna be fun to keep track of.

HWT: Gannon Gremmel - AA - anything less than that would be a big let down. I’d like to see him atleast in the 5th place match as well.

133: Focus on weight until then & he will be fine.

141: Hope that knee is going to be good to go. Def AA

149: For the haters, he WAS sick Friday night/Saturday morning. Crushed if he doesn't AA.

157: He is going to do his thing!

184: Hopefully, he gets in.

197: He was good, imagine if there were no injuries this season!

HWT: He'll AA, all depends on draw - where he will end up.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I am really sorry if you feel there are “haters” of Jarret here. He is one tough son of a gun and has been a great Cyclone. He has obviously had injuries and illness to deal with and has brought his best through it all. Don’t expect anything less at Nationals.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
I am really sorry if you feel there are “haters” of Jarret here. He is one tough son of a gun and has been a great Cyclone. He has obviously had injuries and illness to deal with and has brought his best through it all. Don’t expect anything less at Nationals.

It wasn't this thread people were talking sh*t about him on. Should have clarified that. That kid will wrestle his heart out for sure at Nationals.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I'm hopeful Ian's knee is ok. Didn't have it wrapped up Saturday, but was wrapped up Sunday. Was walking around a little gimpy around the arena after his match.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
It wasn't this thread people were talking sh*t about him on. Should have clarified that. That kid will wrestle his heart out for sure at Nationals.
If you have info other people don't have you can't fault them for their opinion. He wrestled poorly last weekend. Being sick might be the "why" but it doesn't change his performance.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Anyone know the alternatives at 165 or 174? I know Runyon was hurt @ Big 12

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
If the Kysen that took Lamont to OT shows up, he has a chance to win a match or 2 and be a very dangerous round 1 draw. If the Kysen from day 2 Big 12s shows up, it will be a quick tournament for him. Great experience regardless

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Depending on how everything shakes out, obviously, this could end up being a huge deal. The good versions of both those guys show up in St. Louis and it could be worth a bumping up a spot or two in the team standings.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
No matter what Kysen does this will be invaluable experience for him to earn... 0-2 or pick up a win or two is fine with me.

I hope the poster stating that Degen was sick is right and he surprises everyone next weekend. I truly believe if he was 100% healthy and feeling good then he would have a legit shot to meet Sasso in the finals (assuming he's on the other side of the bracket). That being said, I don't think he is 100% healthy and any win's from him is well earned. He's a fighter and has always been one of my favorite wrestlers.

On the flip side I hope Colbray uses his experience and has a R16/surprise AA run. I still remember thinking he was in a great position in the bracket to make a run the year Drew Foster won (whom he had recently beaten)... woulda, coulda, shoulda... That's what I love about wrestling, the results are earned and undeniable.

Before the season I was predicting we take 9. That was when I was counting on Mackall and Gomez. I'm super happy that we're taking 8 and really excited for Kysen & Zach. Just think... IF Judge holds on to beat Valencia then I think he would have pulled an at-large also.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron