***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Not sure how much is mental and how much is health, but sure wasn't expecting this
Yeah. I leave room for the possibility ( God forbid for these guys) there was a non-COVID illness lurking. But it may just be a culmination of injuries.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Umm....so yeah don't think whatever was said after the first session did any good Coaches. Redding just getting blasted and ridden
& I got blasted for my "fool's gold" comment. I'm a Cyclone wrestling fan, but also a realist. I believe he can be good,but proof is in the pudding.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The night session lineup:

Session 2B (8pm CT) - bouts 256-340
300 - Colbray vs #13 Weiler (Wisconsin)
314 - Coleman vs #28 Reenan (N.C. State) [Reenan was up 7-2 on Warner in the 3rd before losing 9-7 in SV]
335 - Gremmel vs #11 Elam (Missouri)

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
The night session lineup:

Session 2B (8pm CT) - bouts 256-340
300 - Colbray vs #13 Weiler (Wisconsin)
314 - Coleman vs #28 Reenan (N.C. State) [Reenan was up 7-2 on Warner in the 3rd before losing 9-7 in SV]
335 - Gremmel vs #11 Elam (Missouri)
Coleman needs to avoid the big move wrestle sound and keep pressure all the way through.

Reactions: cyputz

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
The real gut punch in all of this is that there was not a single one in which we were overmatched. A lot of them were tossups, a lot of them we were solid favorites (Parker). And we just....rolled....over.

Kysen's opponents were boarderline NQ's, but so is he.
Gave Redding the benefit of the doubt in R1 vs. a decent opponent, he made a couple freshman mistakes. Then he came out and layed an egg vs. a bad opponent.
Neither of Ian's opponents were anywhere close to his level. I have never seen this lack of offense from him. Someone said above his knee is hurt and that's the only thing that makes sense.
A healthy Deagan beats Parroit 7-10 times. But his second opponent was just bad....losing career record. I was never a huge Jarred guy, but it's obvious he's a shell of his old self.

David has a tough road ahead, but looks to be on a mission. The next two days are just watching him.

Colbray, Coleman & Gremmel all have tough matches tonight. I won't be surprised if the trend continues, but will be rooting hard for the guys.