NCAA Seeding Discussion

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Buf, is this a joke? The same barometers that has Yonger as the 2? Or are we talking for the committee?
Meaning there is a certain range you can move within. The committee definitely could have changed Yonger and Kerk, but they were in the same barometer or range.

I don’t think CStar could get moved to #1 seed even if the committee wanted to because he was outside the range.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Unpopular opinion... The more I think it over IMO they got 165 correct. H2H should mean something if they are right next to each other in seeding/rankings.

That said, ducking is being rewarded and I hope that Karma shows up big time when DC beats KOT in the semi's and Ramirez takes a couple bad losses in this tourney. It would be nice to look back and know that guys who showed up and put it on the line all season (ISU & UNI) preformed at their peak vs guys that ducked (Mizzou & Cornell).

CloneMalone

Mar 14, 2024
Looking more at 157 I kind of like Chittums path. Shapiro in round 2 I think is winnable he has had an up and down year and is also a frosh along with Chittum, then Cardenas who he wrestled tough at CKLV, then potentially Teemer who he has already beat on the road. Thoughts?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Looking more at 157 I kind of like Chittums path. Shapiro in round 2 I think is winnable he has had an up and down year and is also a frosh along with Chittum, then Cardenas who he wrestled tough at CKLV, then potentially Teemer who he has already beat in the road. Thoughts?
If he can beat Shapiro, sky is the limit.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
You want media to seed wrestling.

Imagine the **** show if media got to seed basketball. Or any other major sport.
I don’t follow any of those sports. Would it be bad? Media in wrestling does a good job with rankings. Better than ADs for damn sure.

Reactions: stuclone

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
You want media to seed wrestling.

Imagine the **** show if media got to seed basketball. Or any other major sport.
I agree. Media has their own influences that do not belong in the process. I think the seeding needs to be clearcut from the calculations and tie-breaker rules. I don't see why a committee is even needed if the seeding criteria is complete and precise. If the committee feels the need to move them around after the matrix has determined the seed, then the matrix calculations need adjusted.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
i need someone to post the Excel interactive brackets soon.
Found these. Trying them now.