***NCAA Wrestling Championships (Thu.-Sat.)***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
One way or the other. They really couldn’t pick a worse weekend, IMO.
I wonder if it’s a thing where espn has the upper hand because they want that content knowing they don’t have anything to compete with March madness. Not that anything really competes with it numbers wise but what the hell else would they put on if they didn’t have the wrestling championships?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder if it’s a thing where espn has the upper hand because they want that content knowing they don’t have anything to compete with March madness. Not that anything really competes with it numbers wise but what the hell else would they put on if they didn’t have the wrestling championships?

They'd use the primetime slots for NCAA WBB and men's NIT. Move those games off of ESPNU/ESPNews and on to ESPN.

• Agree
Reactions: brett108

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is Warner at Iowa done or does he have another year?

Iowa will be in rebuild mode for their lineup. Lose starters at 33/41/57/65/74 for sure and maybe 97. They will bring back SL for his last year at 25, murin who is good but not elite at 49, 57 and 65 I don't know, 74 guessing little Terry, 84 Assad, who I believe won one match at at nattys, and Hwt which placed but the weight should empty out quite a bit.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Is Warner at Iowa done or does he have another year?

Iowa will be in rebuild mode for their lineup. Lose starters at 33/41/57/65/74 for sure and maybe 97. They will bring back SL for his last year at 25, murin who is good but not elite at 49, 57 and 65 I don't know, 74 guessing little Terry, 84 Assad, who I believe won one match at at nattys, and Hwt which placed but the weight should empty out quite a bit.
I think Warner said he is coming back and using his COVID year. Same with Murin. Their biggest hole will be 157 if they can't find a transfer, and will probably take steps back at 133 and 174 as far as point scoring at nationals next year. Shriever at 133 will be a solid backfill for DeSanto, and might be a R12 type guy as a Sophomore, but I do not see him getting 3rd and scoring what DeSanto did. Guessing Brands fills in at 174, and he is not as good as Kem, so step back there. They will have a stud redshirt freshman at 165 in Patrick Kennedy, but that weight is really young with a lot of hammers returning. I think Kennedy will be an AA threat, but it is a tough weight class. 141 they will have Wyatt Henson as a pretty good redshirt freshman. I am guessing he will score more points at nationals than an injured Eierman did this year. So, they likely won't challenge for a title but they will still be trophy contenders.

• Informative
Reactions: BigD and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think Warner said he is coming back and using his COVID year. Same with Murin. Their biggest hole will be 157 if they can't find a transfer, and will probably take steps back at 133 and 174 as far as point scoring at nationals next year. Shriever at 133 will be a solid backfill for DeSanto, and might be a R12 type guy as a Sophomore, but I do not see him getting 3rd and scoring what DeSanto did. Guessing Brands fills in at 174, and he is not as good as Kem, so step back there. They will have a stud redshirt freshman at 165 in Patrick Kennedy, but that weight is really young with a lot of hammers returning. I think Kennedy will be an AA threat, but it is a tough weight class. 141 they will have Wyatt Henson as a pretty good redshirt freshman. I am guessing he will score more points at nationals than an injured Eierman did this year. So, they likely won't challenge for a title but they will still be trophy contenders.
They should have a huge recruiting class coming in this year with all the scholarship money that will be freeing up. I don't even know who they are bringing in.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think Iowa has potential for 3 finalists - Lee, Warner, and Cassioppi. Those 3 will be significant point scorers. Their next best shots at AA I’d rank in the following order:
Murin
Kennedy
Henson
Schriever
Brands
Assad

Be pretty shocked if that’s not a trophy team, but will not be in the title hunt.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
They should have a huge recruiting class coming in this year with all the scholarship money that will be freeing up. I don't even know who they are bringing in.
Their class this year actually isn't that great. Their 2023 class is the one that is stacked with Jesuroga, Keuter, and Gabe Arnold. It'll be interesting to see if Keuter sticks with wrestling his entire career or decides to focus on football though

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I think Iowa has potential for 3 finalists - Lee, Warner, and Cassioppi. Those 3 will be significant point scorers. Their next best shots at AA I’d rank in the following order:
Murin
Kennedy
Henson
Schriever
Brands
Assad

Be pretty shocked if that’s not a trophy team, but will not be in the title hunt.
I have Lee as a near lock to make the finals. Cassioppi I would say has a good chance, but with Kerk, Parris, and Schultz returning that will still be a tough weight class. Warner I think is unlikely since we already know Yonger is taking out car wreck in the finals ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Their class this year actually isn't that great. Their 2023 class is the one that is stacked with Jesuroga, Keuter, and Gabe Arnold. It'll be interesting to see if Keuter sticks with wrestling his entire career or decides to focus on football though
Tough to pass up a free ride if you play football.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have Lee as a near lock to make the finals. Cassioppi I would say has a good chance, but with Kerk, Parris, and Schultz returning that will still be a tough weight class. Warner I think is unlikely since we already know Yonger is taking out car wreck in the finals ;)
Didn't know Parris was coming back, feels like he has been there 8-9 years already.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
The ego on that meat head is ridiculous. Also a ton of talk for a guy who spends half the match stalling and wrestling from his knees against anyone with a pulse. He’s a great talent no doubt, but every other trait of his won’t take him far in life.

That said, hope he’s healthy next season so Yonger can whoop his ass.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron