Nebraska game this Saturday...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
After Cuse, very concerned. Today, THRILLED! NU is deservedly #1. This is a stellar win.

Yeah the Syracuse game was not good, nor was it cool when Iowa took us to 5. I hope this wasn't just motivation on Jamie and Tenisha's part that got us this game. We need to be playing like this all year........and even better. Nebby did not pass well and Broekhuis (sp) got completely shut down. It is good though, to see that we can still get it down even when some of our big hitters aren't having good games (like Hurtt and Bigbee today).

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
and as much as the Nebby announcers were loving on Hahn, hopefully she'll get the Big 12 defensive player of the week even though we only played one game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
1. Big win, was REALLY not wanting to let this go to 5 sets and the gals closed it out.
2. Rushing the court: Hey, it’s #1 we beat and it is a big rivalry. Not like we rush the court every week, actually only once before according to CJ when we beat #2 Texas. It’s great to have some students and others jacked up about the sport.

We are honest to goodness RIVALS with Nebraska. Think about that in perspective of where this program was 10 years ago. CJ for president!

4. We still can’t block but as CJ noted maybe that is the way it’s just going to be.

Could be the game that gives the gals confidence and maybe some identity? Still not a single players “team” yet but maybe that is also the way it is going to be with different gals stepping up at different times. We might have the depth and overall talent to pull that off? I’m interested in what the more knowledgeable fans think (BoxsterCy just ISU fan, not smart volleyball guy).

6. Rankings: 3-1 over #1 will look pretty good, maybe bounce back up to 15 or so?

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The crowd was absolutely fantastic, but the girls on the floor were even better! I went in thinking it would be a sweep by kNU and over with pretty fast. I have not been so happy to be dead wrong in a very long time. Won't make the mistake of doubting Coach Christy again. She had a game plan and the girls, from seniors to freshmen, all stepped it up after the embarrassment of losing to Syracuse. Knocking off #1 for the first time in program history has made this a great day for the Cyclones. Thanks for making a lasting memory!! :smile:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Very nice game by the gals today. Nebby helped with unforced errors...Nebby was totally out of their game in the fourth set. I thought the freshman really contributed well...especially #2, 7 and 1. Hopefully, the sign of things to come.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
HUGE, HUGE, HUGE win. Some Nebraska buddies of mine pointed out to me that we are now only 2-79 or something like that against the Huskers all-time in VB.....to which I replied............SCOREBOARD! That got under their skin a little, but all was in good fun. We have the talent and this would should be a HUGE confidence booster heading into conference play.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
What a great win by the girls!

I've been critical after watching the Iowa and Syracuse games, but they really stepped up and showed what they are capable of! Now keep going forward after this! No more lulls!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
As you have said before, they are still weak in blocking. CJL has admitted to this even after yesterday's big win. They are working on it, but if that's the way this team will be they will look to dust with other defensive strengths.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
HUGE, HUGE, HUGE win. Some Nebraska buddies of mine pointed out to me that we are now only 2-79 or something like that against the Huskers all-time in VB.....to which I replied............SCOREBOARD! That got under their skin a little, but all was in good fun. We have the talent and this would should be a HUGE confidence booster heading into conference play.

So like Nebby fans to talk about history. This year is all that matters.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I've only gotten to see her play live once, at the Illinois matches earlier this year, but oh my God, Kristen is just an amazing player. Not only does she cover a lot of ground, but its like her digs are on rails, half the time Alison doesn't even have to move to make a set off of Kristen's passes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron