Nebraska sux

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Latest news has NU football coach must keep current interim coach on his staff. I am sure they will be getting all kinds of applications from coaches willing to be told who they must hire. AD has such a great record on who they’ve hired so far.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I listened to Omaha sports on 590 a bit yesterday, they're positive that the Nebraska NIL program will save them.
And that is exactly why Nebraska remains a doormat of a program. They think that because they were at the top of the mountain back in the previous century, they can simply buy their way back to success.

You gotta make the long hard climb up the rough side of the mountain to create the culture necessary to sustain a winning program, but Nebraska has no interest in doing that. They keep looking for the golden escalator, which doesn't exist. I hope they never realize this.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
For you youngsters out there, Tom Osborne is who started Nebraska along this path. When the Big 12 was formed, Osborne, along with Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma, voted against equal revenue sharing in order to keep the have-nots from competing with the elites of the conference. Then Osborne was angry with the members of the old Big 12 because they would not follow the Huskers' lead in other conference issues.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I listened to Omaha sports on 590 a bit yesterday, they're positive that the Nebraska NIL program will save them.
Yes Husker fans mention it every time they talk about Nebraska football. It's their shiny new justification for their arrogance to replace the tired old Facilities and fan support they used to use, which proved to be overrated in terms of directly translating into wins.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For you youngsters out there, Tom Osborne is who started Nebraska along this path. When the Big 12 was formed, Osborne, along with Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma, voted against equal revenue sharing in order to keep the have-nots from competing with the elites of the conference. Then Osborne was angry with the members of the old Big 12 because they would not follow the Huskers' lead in other conference issues.

Nebby started all this realignment because they thought were better than others. Sorry Tommy O you ******* prick Nebby started to suck when partial qualifiers and scholly limits were in place. **** Nebby forever, they can rot in hell.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
No but I could see it happening. Beliema has shown that he likes to hop from job to job. He probably would take Nebby knowing Iowa won’t be open for a few years. IL is a tough place to stay.
He could not have stayed at AR. Believe he wore out his welcome at WI.

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
But they can’t get Aranda. There’s plenty of noise they can get Campbell.
Maybe I missed something. Is there a legitimate reason they can’t get Aranda? I know it would take HUGE money…which they have. I have heard the same “noise” you have about Nebraska and Campbell (I live in NE…it’s pretty much all I have heard the past few weeks!).

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Maybe I missed something. Is there a legitimate reason they can’t get Aranda? I know it would take HUGE money…which they have. I have heard the same “noise” you have about Nebraska and Campbell (I live in NE…it’s pretty much all I have heard the past few weeks!).
Aranda can get better jobs than Nebraska, and I'd argue Baylor is a better job than Nebraska with location.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Aranda can get better jobs than Nebraska, and I'd argue Baylor is a better job than Nebraska with location.

Agree with all this. Plus as long as they expand the playoffs to at least 8 the B12 is guaranteed at least one spot and right now Baylor is the defending B12 champs and looking solid. Better path to the playoffs in the B12. Nebby isn't overtaking Ohio State anytime soon.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
But they can’t get Aranda. There’s plenty of noise they can get Campbell.

lol, what 'noise' is that, other than that one rando nebraska guy on twitter?

What we've seen so far is that Campbell has had better offers and turned them down. Not sure why that would suddenly change this year.

If he feels he's accomplished all he can here, he can always wait a year or two and go for somewhere he'll be much more set up for success.

Reactions: khardbored

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
From what I’ve heard neither Aranda or Campbell are that concerned about money. In Campbell’s case he’s expressed a desire to build a program like Mt. Union in Division 3. I think he just now has the program and culture where he wants it. He has said he really likes this team and the young players. If he wants to coach high paid NIL professionals I think he would go the pro football route instead.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I have heard/seen multiple people in national college football media suggesting Matt Rhule as a candidate. This would be a great option for all parties involved. It's become pretty apparent that he isn't fit for the NFL game, and he always seemed to be more of a college guy anyway. He played at Penn St so there are the B1G ties, and his success at Baylor and Temple provide a strong enough record as a program builder to make this a solid hire choice for Nebraska.

As you mentioned, his seat is getting hot in Carolina, and whether he is fired or not, he could take a preemptive exit while going to a better landing spot. The Panthers wouldn't cry over him leaving, and I imagine he would welcome a change of scenery.
Rhule.

Reactions: GoldCy

tmi9724

May 24, 2022
Today on Omaha sports radio, the two hosts were discussing how much more appealing Nebraska is than ISU. 5 National titles, 3 Heisman winners, every game a sellout, B1G, automatically get better recruits. This is how their fans think, we are the Huskers, we matter, we are relevant, football needs us, we can have any coach we want. Until they can get over themselves, I can't imagine them coming back, and they will never get over themselves.
Me, who is part Nebraska fan, even finds this stuff crap...

5 National Titles - All 90's and prior, none in this millennium
3 Heismans - None since 2001
Sellouts streak - thing is a sham at this points, even some husker fans don't acknowledge it
B1G - better for money but that is about it
Better recruits - a well developed 3 star is better than a lazy 4/5 star (see Texas) so this point is poo

As much as I would like to see Aranda at Nebraska, it is not worth the move from his current spot at Baylor unfortunately

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Me, who is part Nebraska fan, even finds this stuff crap...

5 National Titles - All 90's and prior, none in this millennium
3 Heismans - None since 2001
Sellouts streak - thing is a sham at this points, even some husker fans don't acknowledge it
B1G - better for money but that is about it
Better recruits - a well developed 3 star is better than a lazy 4/5 star (see Texas) so this point is poo

As much as I would like to see Aranda at Nebraska, it is not worth the move from his current spot at Baylor unfortunately
The fanbase needs to stop talking about anything that happened pre-2010 or so. Continually talking about their history as a bar for the future leads to unrealistic expectations for what's achievable in the 2020s or 2030s. Yes, Nebraska can build a good football program with the right coach. No, they will not win like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s. No, they will not have a run like Alabama has had over the past 13 years. No, they will not have a run like Ohio St has had for the past 20 years. Yes, the right coach could build something like what Wisconsin has done over the past 30 years, or Iowa has over the past 20.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron