Netflix: Daredevil

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
A few episodes in, not bad. Anyone else watch?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
No, the stink of the Affleck movie is too much for me to even give it a shot.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Haven't watched it yet but the trailers looked awesome. I'm a big fan of Daredevil but I'm in the same boat of hating the Affleck movie.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

So far, its much better. The fight scenes are well choreographed and the acting is pretty darn good.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
2 episodes in - holy ****!

The fight scenes are spectacular. The fight scene to end episode 2 was probably one of the best choreographed fights I've watched - very reminiscent of the hammer scene from Old Boy (the original). I'm not thrilled with the guy actor who was in The Mighty Ducks, but everyone else seems pretty good. I was really surprised how well they kind of dropped this story to fit with the MCU - it actually kind of makes sense!

So far it's living up to the hype. I highly recommend watching.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
2 episodes in - holy ****!

The fight scenes are spectacular. The fight scene to end episode 2 was probably one of the best choreographed fights I've watched - very reminiscent of the hammer scene from Old Boy (the original). I'm not thrilled with the guy actor who was in The Mighty Ducks, but everyone else seems pretty good. I was really surprised how well they kind of dropped this story to fit with the MCU - it actually kind of makes sense!

So far it's living up to the hype. I highly recommend watching.

agreed. Great camera work. It was all done in one continuous shot. Visually, very cool.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Forget about what Ben Affleck brought to the role. This is the MCU version, with some confirmation of its links to Agents of Shield. Heck, it wouldn't be surprising to see a little bit of a nod in next year's Captain America film.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I told ya! ;)

the hall fight scene was great. The thing I like, is he doesn't appear an invincible hero. He struggles and gets shattered. A street level hero.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
here's the fight scene that has people talking.

[video=youtube;7knz_uh6eBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knz_uh6eBw[/video]

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Love the final punch and then he just falls down in the room. Cracks me up

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Love the final punch and then he just falls down in the room. Cracks me up

10 bucks says the reason they choreographed it that way was so they could switch out the stunt double with the actor without a cut. Stunt double falls through the door. Main actor comes out. That way, he is there to end the scene.