new commit - Jason Carlson

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Re: new commit

It's pathetic that this type of info is so secretive, and can't be shared from other boards, when a week or so later it is common knowledge. This isn't a national security issue.

Anyway,I hope he is a big, fast DE.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest

It's pathetic that this type of info is so secretive, and can't be shared from other boards, when a week or so later it is common knowledge. This isn't a national security issue.

I don't see it as pathetic. I am not a subscriber of premium info currently, I did in the past. There are two ways I look at this. 1) when a person pays into a premium site they agree to not spread the content of the site. 2) It is respectful to other cyclones that put money into gathering the info to have it on CF.

It will come out in a few hours to days.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

It's pathetic that this type of info is so secretive

17985675_f69cf32a52_m.jpg

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

I don't see it as pathetic. I am not a subscriber of premium info currently, I did in the past. There are two ways I look at this. 1) when a person pays into a premium site they agree to not spread the content of the site. 2) It is respectful to other cyclones that put money into gathering the info to have it on CF.

It will come out in a few hours to days.

I've been following Cyclone sports on message boards long enough that there were NO premium boards when I started. CF is probably the 6th or 7th board that I have been involved with and has proven to be the most enjoyable and entertaining of all.

That said, I remember when one of the boards first decided to offer premium info. It was clearly stated at the time that visitor and commitment information would remain free access. Initially only exclusive interviews were premium. Clearly, that business model didn't provide enough to cover costs involved in tracking recruits as they do. Soon afterward it was discovered that the visit/commit info was what some people were actually willing to pay for. This is fine for those who choose the premium route. Personally, I've tried two different premium sites and ended up deciding that I got more for my entertainment dollar with other choices.

For me, the decision to drop was influenced greatly by discussions with coaches and kids being recruited who didn't appreciate being pestered by phone calls that did nothing to help them in the recruiting process. To each their own.

Last edited:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006

you mean steve clark's c@##n blog site doesn't list this????what a shame!!!!!!!!!!

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO

Not that I'm even a CR subscriber but I can kind of see why it has to be secretive. Because the guy (don't remember his name, Paul maybe?) makes a living out of supplying inside information. Sure its going to be common knowledge in a week but he makes his money interviewing recruits and gaining insight on recruitment.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

Not that I'm even a CR subscriber but I can kind of see why it has to be secretive. Because the guy (don't remember his name, Paul maybe?) makes a living out of supplying inside information. Sure its going to be common knowledge in a week but he makes his money interviewing recruits and gaining insight on recruitment.

I agree people should not be leaking his info, but if they come by it through other means, it's got to be fair game here. If that impacts his business, then he should find a new business model or get a real job. /shrug

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Everytime there is a new recruit announcement can we save everyone some time and typing by cutting and pasting the premium vs. non-premium argument into the tread. Also can we just get a thread about the commit so we don't have read through 6 pages of this argument to find out the commits name?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

I'll go one further: Why not save the announcement until the information is actually available? Then we won't have to worry about it.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

I'll go one further: Why not save the announcement until the information is actually available? Then we won't have to worry about it.

the chase is th fun part. after the info is made available, i really lose a lot of interest. you can tell me all about the player-stats, size, stars, it really doesn't impact my opinion of him untill i see him in a uni. for some reason though, i get excited when i see that another kid wants to come play for us.

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO

I agree people should not be leaking his info, but if they come by it through other means, it's got to be fair game here. If that impacts his business, then he should find a new business model or get a real job. /shrug

I totally agree with you. If they get the name and info from somewhere other than CR, totally fair game

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

Everytime there is a new recruit announcement can we save everyone some time and typing by cutting and pasting the premium vs. non-premium argument into the tread. Also can we just get a thread about the commit so we don't have read through 6 pages of this argument to find out the commits name?

^^^ I am with him!

wake me once it is OKAY to post the name/link the commit.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

the chase is th fun part. after the info is made available, i really lose a lot of interest. you can tell me all about the player-stats, size, stars, it really doesn't impact my opinion of him untill i see him in a uni. for some reason though, i get excited when i see that another kid wants to come play for us.

Bingo! I haven't the resources to find recruits or the skills to assess a prospect's potential but I do appreciate hearing that someone exciting will come to play for us.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX

i agree with this. why even put it on the front page "New Commitment" if youre not going to say who it is? i think he is getting worse at putting that up and then waiting multiple days to release who...just put out the fire before it starts and dont put anything on the front page.