New to the Big 12(10) and ISU

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Hello all,

Wife and I recently accepted jobs here at ISU and moved across the country from SEC land. We are both Tennessee fans (the real UT and real orange, not whatever Texas is trying to get away with). Very excited to try some Big 12 tailgating this fall and looking forward to basketball season as well!

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Hello all,

Wife and I recently accepted jobs here at ISU and moved across the country from SEC land. We are both Tennessee fans (the real UT and real orange, not whatever Texas is trying to get away with). Very excited to try some Big 12 tailgating this fall and looking forward to basketball season as well!

Just in time for your Vols to come to Hilton this winter. Welcome!

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Welcome! You will not be disappointed my tailgating no matter how hyped up it gets. Forget bringing anything, you'll be stuffed with so much food and booze before the game you'll never want to eat again.

Reactions: Jjflm62

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
You'll like the atmosphere at our games. It's very family friendly and we are a passionate fan base that tailgates with the best of them.

We'll get along fine until we play you in the Big XII/SEC challenge. Then all bets are off.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Welcome!

ISU is a great spot for football tailgating. The team hasn't been great (or good for that matter), but Jack Trice Stadium is a great place to watch a game (although being Vols fans it's no Neyland Stadium).

Hilton Coliseum though, you are in for a treat!

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Just in time for your Vols to come to Hilton this winter. Welcome!

I'm excited for it. While I know that not many other conferences can compare to the SEC in football, I also know that the Big 12 has some of the best basketball in the country. Very looking forward to some Hilton Magic (apart from the 1 night when the Vols come to town).

Reactions: Cyclonepride

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm excited for it. While I know that not many other conferences can compare to the SEC in football, I also know that the Big 12 has some of the best basketball in the country. Very looking forward to some Hilton Magic (apart from the 1 night when the Vols come to town).

don't go to a weak non-conference game and think "that's it?!". wait for teh conference games vs KU, West Virginia, or even out of conference Iowa. Those are the games that define Hilton.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hello all,

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time in Iowa.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Welcome! Its great to have you here. I'm sure that after years of living with tee "Third Saturday in October," you'll find our rivalries a bit quaint. But I hope you find them to be lots of fun anyway. The basketball here is better, at least.

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Welcome! Its great to have you here. I'm sure that after years of living with tee "Third Saturday in October," you'll find our rivalries a bit quaint. But I hope you find them to be lots of fun anyway. The basketball here is better, at least.

Don't even get me started on 'the red team.'

I love a good rivalry. I'm assuming U of Iowa is 1 of the biggest you all have? If it helps any, the only time I have ever watched Iowa play in person was about 3 years ago in a bowl game when we beat them by 20 or so. I bought the mini pack of tickets for this season so I will be in the stands to watch isu hopefully take care of business in September. If isu does win I expect a beer from someone for being a bad luck charm for Iowa. Hopefully my lifetime live viewership for Hawkeye games will be an 0 and 2 record for them.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

I love a good rivalry. I'm assuming U of Iowa is 1 of the biggest you all have? If it helps any, the only time I have ever watched Iowa play in person was about 3 years ago in a bowl game when we beat them by 20 or so. I bought the mini pack of tickets for this season so I will be in the stands to watch isu hopefully take care of business in September. If isu does win I expect a beer from someone for being a bad luck charm for Iowa. Hopefully my lifetime live viewership for Hawkeye games will be an 0 and 2 record for them.

**** IOWA.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

There's a lot to like in this post.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

K-State (aka Farmageddon) is second to Iowa, and getting warmer with every narrow, soul-sucking, choke job, heartbreaking consecutive loss.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
1088347.gif

Welcome! Just be glad your wife and yourself did not end up in Eastern Iowa

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Pardon my ignorance, but is the "red team" Georgia or Bama?