theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I'm getting mid-80s vibes

Go a few years forward.

F7rdUXYXMAAS-0F

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
@amestoplease is CRUSHING it with these last few.

What would it look like with the Trice 5 bar on the shoulder, and 5 matched stripes down the length of the pants? Does that make it look more like a "whole" or is it just weird? Maybe it depends on the colors - if the shoulder bars are gold on cardinal background, then you couldn't have gold pants. Maybe if the bars are white?

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Agree on your last paragraph so much. I just don’t think we will get a large variety and I don’t think we are getting a white collar either.

I would say this is the most likely design. Which is still an improvement imo, but less adventurous.

View attachment 126907
This is the way and will be our best uniform ever. Closer to the Majors era than the 80's. Use a stencil I-State or an 80's CrinerClone with no wordmark above it and we would have a great look to rotate in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.18.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.18.09 PM.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
@amestoplease is CRUSHING it with these last few.

What would it look like with the Trice 5 bar on the shoulder, and 5 matched stripes down the length of the pants? Does that make it look more like a "whole" or is it just weird? Maybe it depends on the colors - if the shoulder bars are gold on cardinal background, then you couldn't have gold pants. Maybe if the bars are white?
having messed with exactly what you're describing i think it starts to look too busy when you try to use the 5 stripes stretched out down the length of the pants. maybe something more subtle like this so the pants don't feel too plain? unimock_24-1.jpg

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
What in the absolute ****. Out of all our millions of iterations of logos, that is absolutely 1 or 2 for the worst ever. We waste walking Cy, leaning Cy, sports-specific Cy, scripts, trice 5-bars for that monstrosity?
Spitballing here, but I know CMC thinks very highly of Dan McCarney. This is callback to his era, and that’s nostalgic for a sizable chunk of our fanbase too.

I’m hoping this opens door for other older (and better) logos in an official capacity.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Spitballing here, but I know CMC thinks very highly of Dan McCarney. This is callback to his era, and that’s nostalgic for a sizable chunk of our fanbase too.

I’m hoping this opens door for other older (and better) logos in an official capacity.
I may have a tendency to overreact to that specific logo. We had season ticket in both MBB and FB when that logo was used so it's not like I'm not used to it. But for some reason I find it absolutely repulsive at my core.

Of course I understand that is only an opinion and there are many that like it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
But for some reason I find it absolutely repulsive at my core.

Because it was a little too much like the St. John's logo, which came out the year prior and was designed by the same company?

st_johns_red_storm_logo_wordmark_19947402.png

6m883rzh61h8qcud2sl2.png

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I hated blender cy as a kid and felt like if we were going to have a tornado logo it should be the Orrnado. As I’ve gotten older though I am quite fond of blender cy. I think to me it is so goofy it is good. Kinda the same reason why people like 90s era hockey/nba jerseys. They were so awful they became good.

Reactions: abcguyks