New Uniforms Revealed

BWAL76

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2020
I can’t wait til they slap it on a helmet for a game this fall and all you haters lose your minds :mccaffery::mccaffery::mccaffery:

Reactions: State2015

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What in the absolute ****. Out of all our millions of iterations of logos, that is absolutely 1 or 2 for the worst ever. We waste walking Cy, leaning Cy, sports-specific Cy, scripts, trice 5-bars for that monstrosity?
It's not like the current angry Cy, or whatever it's called, is any good, definitely not great. So Coaches choose from the past, of which we have many better logos to choose from?

Might as well just make a few of the old ones alternate logos. We have a couple that each of us like, I think.

While at it, make the Orrnado, or Walking Cy, or both, an official primary. Here's a very slight Walking Cy mod I did [SIAP], with two head choices (Angry and Happy Cy)(see the modification of black around the eyes and neck, similar to Leaning Cy), both with boots (which I prefer), and the image from Kagavi (which inspired it).
ISU Logo WalkingCy TN Mod5 AngryCyBootsIndividual.jpg ISU Logo WalkingCy TN Mod6 HappyCyBootsIndividual.jpg
ISU Logo WalkingCy Kagavi.jpg

Reactions: bgprest and Jer

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Spitballing here, but I know CMC thinks very highly of Dan McCarney. This is callback to his era, and that’s nostalgic for a sizable chunk of our fanbase too.

I’m hoping this opens door for other older (and better) logos in an official capacity.
my guess is that they're just following the trends. that logo from the mccarney era is all over apparel on campus. seems like the more 90s, the better for these kids. if you look at the crowd shots during games you'll see an unsettling amount of kids wearing shirts with that gross wreath thing that used to be an overused design element.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Because it was a little too much like the St. John's logo, which came out the year prior and was designed by the same company?

st_johns_red_storm_logo_wordmark_19947402.png

6m883rzh61h8qcud2sl2.png
Our 90's logo package, and this St. Johns logo package - were f***ing awesome, and are still awesome.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Busy next 7-10 days coming up of NFL uniform releases. Jets 1st up:

I like em, especially that helmet logo they've been using. Still they have better logos from the past.
The throwback bars on the shoulder is classic but every team doing it now but it's still better than what they had the last few seasons, the pointy stripe thing.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Pollard confirmed on the radio today that this was NOT an April Fools Joke. There are indeed new uniforms coming. He said he didn't know (or want to say) when they would be fully released to the public though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it Saturday at/during the Spring Game though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pollard confirmed on the radio today that this was NOT an April Fools Joke. There are indeed new uniforms coming. He said he didn't know (or want to say) when they would be fully released to the public though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it Saturday at/during the Spring Game though.

They better be good. Because usually most fans using rudimentary photoshop skills can come up with uniforms that look way better than what our athletic dept does.

I see the Jets get input from the fans. Wonder why we don't?

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
Every time I get a notification for a new post on this thread, I'm just hoping the new uniforms have been revealed :(

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Every time I get a notification for a new post on this thread, I'm just hoping the new uniforms have been revealed :(

I'm cautiously optimistic they will be a big improvement... but not holding my breath.

The only thing we've been shown so far is just the stripes, correct? Everything else that's been on here is just what fans think they might look like. Like the white numbers for instance. We don't know for sure if that will be the case yet, right? I hope so. We desperately need white numbers on the cardinal jerseys.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It HAS to be the 5-bar logo on the arms, not horizontal stripes that mean nothing. Lets start building some consistency and brand recognition. People outside of CF are just learning what the 5-bar logo means and that it's related to ISU.... so of course we want to pass up an opportunity to put it very prominently on the shoulder plads instead of some crappy ass stripes.

/passionate preach