New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What about the pants? Pretty sure they're incorporating white into the home jerseys so they don't clash so much with the white pants. I'm surprised one of you Photoshop experts haven't given us a full uniform mockup yet (I doubt anything is changing with the helmet other than using a white chinstrap with the red lids).
We are waiting on you! :)

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Really?!?! I have always thought these are dumbest looking unis I have ever seen.

They look like they are trying to put bumble bee wings on them.
I think it’s because they’re so stupid is why I like them. I’m someone who likes the purple Barney Vince Carter raptors jerseys and the old hornets jerseys and stuff like that. Think these fit in with that stupid 90s style, kinda along with the whirlybird unis we had

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
View attachment 126925

I've been saying the 5-bar logo makes so much more sense than horizontal stripes. People outside the diehards are just learning about the 5-bar/Trice logo and attributing it to ISU. Why not capitalize on that rather than stupid horizontal stripes that don't represent anything?

Agree it'd make sense to Trice-stripe on the sleeve. My first inkling when I saw the prototypes revealed was the striping is a horizontal representation of Trice stripes ... mixing trad-sleeve design with the emblem.

Total guess on my part.

If that's the goal then you might as well just go with Trice logo.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
i agree...it will be impossible to look distinct/unique if you limit yourself to regular horizontal sleeve stripes. if we want to be different with the sleeves we need to throw the trice stripes on there or improve upon our current 'tornadic' sleeve design or something.

View attachment 126915 View attachment 126916

I wonder whether the full sleeve might have a Trice Stripes look to them.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Great work!

It is WAY too KC Chiefs for me though. Is that our cardinal?

And I love the logo on the helmet, but it will likely NEVER happen. Can you put the I-STATE logo on there…. with the “I” in gold and the STATE in white and outlined in gold?
i realize the chiefs have similar pants to this, but just like the conversation about the sleeve stripes i think that erring on the side of a more classic look will mean some unavoidable overlap with other teams.

'is that our cardinal?' is a tough thing to answer. our pantone colors are not the same as our jersey colors are not the same as our helmet colors are not the same as the sleeve stripe colors in the most recent twitter tease etc. combine that with different kinds of lighting, indoor v. outdoor, etc. and you have something that's virtually impossible to consistently depict. and i know that people will want to see a bunch of iterations and tweaks anyway so this was version one of many.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
i realize the chiefs have similar pants to this, but just like the conversation about the sleeve stripes i think that erring on the side of a more classic look will mean some unavoidable overlap with other teams.

'is that our cardinal?' is a tough thing to answer. our pantone colors are not the same as our jersey colors are not the same as our helmet colors are not the same as the sleeve stripe colors in the most recent twitter tease etc. combine that with different kinds of lighting, indoor v. outdoor, etc. and you have something that's virtually impossible to consistently depict. and i know that people will want to see a bunch of iterations and tweaks anyway so this was version one of many.

Just seems like everything is cyclical in uniforms. We used to have white numbers, we used to have more striping, etc…. and everyone wanted something different. Now it seems everyone wants to go back to that again.

People didn’t like the McDonald’s bright red and yellow…. and now it looks like we’re kinda headed back in that direction again.

I do think having more white is needed though. The numbers, and a gold/white/gold stripe down the middle of the helmet.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Great work!

It is WAY too KC Chiefs for me though. Is that our cardinal?

And I love the logo on the helmet, but it will likely NEVER happen. Can you put the I-STATE logo on there…. with the “I” in gold and the STATE in white and outlined in gold?
How are those Chiefs other than we almost share their colors. Our cardinal is darker. The pant stripe? Otherwise, those jerseys are not similar at all.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Just seems like everything is cyclical in uniforms. We used to have white numbers, we used to have more striping, etc…. and everyone wanted something different. Now it seems everyone wants to go back to that again.

People didn’t like the McDonald’s bright red and yellow…. and now it looks like we’re kinda headed back in that direction again.

I do think having more white is needed though. The numbers, and a gold/white/gold stripe down the middle of the helmet.
I don't think we're headed back to the red/yellow of McCarney/Chizik

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012

unimock_24_2.jpg