New uniforms = Ronald McDonald?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Why is it that our coach is too traditional or old school to do alt unis or helmets, yet the one alt uni he does approve is pretty much the ugliest thing ever put on a fb field? Dude needs to let someone else manage that part of the program...that and Smoke on the Water.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Why is it that our coach is too traditional or old school to do alt unis or helmets, yet the one alt uni he does approve is pretty much the ugliest thing ever put on a fb field? Dude needs to let someone else manage that part of the program...that and Smoke on the Water.

Dude let his players choose the combo.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
fKESe0Z.jpg

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Well then maybe we should worry about changing our colors. That seems to be your main issue; we have the same colors as McDonald's. The HUMANITY!
My main issue is those particular uniforms remind everyone of the clown. It's pathetic that someone allowed that to happen. Why couldn't we be satisfied with ripping off USC?

Thank god the game's not televised.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I wonder if they had the option to vote for the trice throwbacks. Loved those.

Yet the Trice throwbacks showed up on a couple of top 10 ugliest uniforms lists (we were the worst one on the second list). Goes to show you, different tastes for different people (I love the Trice throwbacks, BTW):

http://gizmodo.com/the-17-worst-college-football-uniform-designs-ranked-1218075402

http://www.csnwashington.com/media_gallery/25-ugliest-uniforms-college-football#slide-25

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My main issue is those particular uniforms remind everyone of the clown. It's pathetic that someone allowed that to happen. Why couldn't we be satisfied with ripping off USC?

Again, who cares? People who try to correlate football uniforms to clowns are simply reaching in the first place. The whole ISU/McDonald's thing has been around forever.

Most people who are upset about this are upset because their hawk friends are poking fun, and they are not smart enough to find a good comeback.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA

The players chose them

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
New uniforms = distract us from the mediocre play on the field. Why are the players worrying about uniforms when they should be worrying about Toledo?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If McDonald's colors happened to be blue and yellow, instead of red & yellow, and West Virginia unveiled a blue helmet with gold-gold alternate, would people joke about it? Or would WVU avoid using that sort of uniform combo because it might be "associated with a silly corporate mascot"?

What if McD was scarlet and gray, and the school in question was Ohio State?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I design clothing and products as my profession and if people are seriously bent out of shape about these uniforms…I feel very sorry for them. There's nothing drastically positive or negative about these, just a nice change of pace or gimmick to get a little excitement going.

We basically have Hawkeye trolls and wannabe ISU sports fan fashionistas running amok here.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If McDonald's colors happened to be blue and yellow, instead of red & yellow, and West Virginia unveiled a blue helmet with gold-gold alternate, would people joke about it? Or would WVU avoid using that sort of uniform combo because it might be "associated with a silly corporate mascot"?

What if McD was scarlet and gray, and the school in question was Ohio State?

Arby's tweeted Pharrell that his hat at the Grammys looked exactly like their logo. It is what you make of it.