No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
You sure seem to be gripping a lot about those gripping about the ticket situation.

I'm actually griping and not gripping :)

Why has no one complained of this before?? All of a sudden it's a problem? Seriously...buy a ticket and go...it's not that hard and certainly not that expensive. College kid would probably spend more on a night out over break than they would going to the game.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Again, I'm nearly positive the KU game was over break back in the 02-03 season and student tickets included that game. However, that's back when KU and Iowa were done by lottery...

Yep, I remember that too. I drove back for that Kansas game, and I think we got behind 22-2 in the first ten minutes and ended up losing by 25 or so. There were a decent amount of students back for that game, but the student section wasn't as full as normal...there were a lot of empty seats around me and that's with the lottery in place for KU and Iowa. My guess is that you'd have the same result with the UT game this year if it were included, the die-hard students would come back for it, but the majority would stay home, just the way it is.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
The student ticket package isnt what its cracked up to be either. after paying tuition room and board, and other essential items for college. and not being able to work a full time job 125 dollars is a lot of money for a poor product on the court. this game should be included no matter what, I paid for a full season I want a full season of tickets that includes the most attractive school in the conference.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
BIG **** up by the AD. Want to have some of your home court? Offer the ticket in advance as an add on to the ticket package like....ohh...the KState football game last year? If the Texas turnout is as awful as the normal break games are (it will be at $25 per ticket) we're going to set a Hilton record low attendance for a conference game.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
whats next for the cyclone ticket office higher prices for premium games. this is the athletic department Jamming it to the students and fans

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Why has no one complained of this before?? All of a sudden it's a problem? Seriously...buy a ticket and go...it's not that hard and certainly not that expensive. College kid would probably spend more on a night out over break than they would going to the game.

People have complained about it before, people just chose not to listen.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It should be included. Just because a lot of students dont come during break doesnt mean they shouldnt get tickets for those games with their tickets. Most seating sections including students are rarely full during break, due to it mostly being western bum**** state community college junior varsity bball.

How about this solution: for noncon games, dont include the tickets by default, but at some point maybe a week or two before break, allow student season ticket holders to come pick up tickets for the games they plan to attend.

Conference games should always be included though, regardless.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
It should be included. Just because a lot of students dont come during break doesnt mean they shouldnt get tickets for those games with their tickets. Most seating sections including students are rarely full during break, due to it mostly being western bum**** state community college junior varsity bball.

How about this solution: for noncon games, dont include the tickets by default, but at some point maybe a week or two before break, allow student season ticket holders to come pick up tickets for the games they plan to attend.

thank you someone decided they would understand what was being said.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina

I like this idea.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Maybe they could do something to the tune of students get in free for the Texas game. Just show your student id and your in. They leave one side of CA open for those students that come and the other side can be GA.

Even students in for $5 would work. If it starts to over flow then they cut off the students and make them buy GA tickets.

I kind of like this idea. Or (for the future) when students buy tickets make the conference game during break an option, to try to gauge interest. Then make the rest of the student section open to the public for that game.

The fact is, with the new conference schedule, having a conference game over break will probably become the norm. And I do believe we want a student presence at those games. I think this is an issue the athletic department needs to take a look at.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I feel for the students on this one and I think it is going to be a big black eye for the AD if they don't find some kind of compromise. Remember, the student tickets were sold out almost a month before the mbb schedule was announced and I don't think its unfair say most students who bought them assumed they would include all the conference games, especially the second biggest conference game of the year.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines

No one has complained about it because we haven't had this situation before.
It has been a looong time since we have had this much excitement around the program.
We haven't played a conference oppenent over break for nearly a decade.
Finally, Texas will be a top 10 team most of next season and will most likely be the lead runner in the conference. This is our best game this season! Kansas is always a good game but they will most likely be down this year.

You cannot compare this situation to the previous years where we missed out on North Dakota State, Mississippi Valley State, etc.!!!!!

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I want to toss my computer screen out the window right now because i am so upset at this thread. :mad:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I feel for the students on this one and I think it is going to be a big black eye for the AD if they don't find some kind of compromise. Remember, the student tickets were sold out almost a month before the mbb schedule was announced and I don't think its unfair say most students who bought them assumed they would include all the conference games, especially the second biggest conference game of the year.

Considering all conference games have pretty much always been included, and usually conference games arent over break anyways, it wouldve been a pretty good assumption, and nothing to go off of that said otherwise since the conference didnt release the schedule until yesterday.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
i dont even know what to say. this program hasnt sniffed the tournament in 5 years.

So what? The coach is different than 4 of those 5 years, there are several new players this year. But, by all means, continue on with your whine fest...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron