No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

NO REASON TO *****.

As entitled freshmen they feel that they should get everything that they want. Welcome to the real world folks. There are very easy solutions to this problem that don't require ******* and moaning like a 12 year old.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
This is very dumb. I was planning on driving back up during break to go, but I really don't want to spend extra money to go to a game. I already have to sit in ****** seats, because they sold out early. (Which is somewhat my fault, but still)
So you got the $99 season ticket package for corner balcony seats???
If so, you can buy CA membership and sit in CA. You just need to show your CA shirt to get down there. You also get tickets for the Texas game but you will have to sit in your designate seats.... (My parents will get season tickets as well so we could still meet up there for the game!..... Just not in CA :mad:)

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
This is ********. Conference games should be an exception to this rule. We need the students in the stands for this game.

Would you rather have a very empty student section or a full section that includes both students (the same ones who would've come back for the game if the ticket was there) as well as other fans who bought a ticket for that game?

Personally, i think that it would look better and sound better to have that section full of fans rather than a gapping hole up the end of the arena.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Solution: Buy $99 season tickets to have tickets to ALL games one financial aid money comes in. That way I don't have to deal with Cyclone Alley fees and such.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Would you rather have a very empty student section or a full section that includes both students (the same ones who would've come back for the game if the ticket was there) as well as other fans who bought a ticket for that game?

Personally, i think that it would look better and sound better to have that section full of fans rather than a gapping hole up the end of the arena.

Who's to say that students wouldn't come out for this game? We've already had multiple students say that they were coming back for this game until they heard this. Unless you can predict the future I disagree with you.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Just because it's always been this way, doesn't mean it's not freaking stupid to do.

It's stupid not to do. There would only be a handful that would show and the rest would be at home sucking mom's teet....fact.

How hard is it to come up with a few bucks to go to the freakin game if you want to? Seriously...ridiculous thing to gripe about.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
As entitled freshmen they feel that they should get everything that they want. Welcome to the real world folks. There are very easy solutions to this problem that don't require ******* and moaning like a 12 year old.

I'll be a junior and don't think I'm entitled to everything. However I am entitled for SEASON TICKETS for a whole SEASON. I know it's always been this way, but it should be good for conference games at least. I would think with the excitement of the season, especially selling out tickets at the end of July there would be a ton of students at the game.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
It's stupid not to do. There would only be a handful that would show and the rest would be at home sucking mom's teet....fact.

How hard is it to come up with a few bucks to go to the freakin game if you want to? Seriously...ridiculous thing to gripe about.

Ya because so many general admission fans use those seats during winter break. I'd come back early as a student to see Texas. Fact.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I could see a point in making an exception this year.

At the same time, this package has always been a good deal for families over break.

A solid compromise would be the early one. Sell the break packs, and let the students come to this one. They won't all be back.

It probably works, unless the demand is off the charts. That is very possible.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

You sure seem to be gripping a lot about those gripping about the ticket situation.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Who's to say that students wouldn't come out for this game? We've already had multiple students say that they were coming back for this game until they heard this. Unless you can predict the future I disagree with you.

Here's the issue. Cyclonefanatic is full of a small % of cyclone fans. You are very passionate about the sport (which is great).

But you have to admit that there are fans that are not as passionate about the sport as you. Even those who have tickets. The game falls during a time where maybe students come back early maybe they won't. This is exactly why they do it like they do. Why not have the students who are able/willing to come back to that game buy inexpensive tickets for the game. Then they can also try to fill out the arena with other fans to keep it full.

I personally would rather have it like that than have the possibility that it will look like we were playing Po-dunk state on a thursday night while school is in session.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe they could do something to the tune of students get in free for the Texas game. Just show your student id and your in. They leave one side of CA open for those students that come and the other side can be GA.

Even students in for $5 would work. If it starts to over flow then they cut off the students and make them buy GA tickets.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Again, I'm nearly positive the KU game was over break back in the 02-03 season and student tickets included that game. However, that's back when KU and Iowa were done by lottery...

K

KFitzy87

Maybe they could do something to the tune of students get in free for the Texas game. Just show your student id and your in. They leave one side of CA open for those students that come and the other side can be GA.

Even students in for $5 would work. If it starts to over flow then they cut off the students and make them buy GA tickets.

:yes:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Here's the issue. Cyclonefanatic is full of a small % of cyclone fans. You are very passionate about the sport (which is great).

But you have to admit that there are fans that are not as passionate about the sport as you. Even those who have tickets. The game falls during a time where maybe students come back early maybe they won't. This is exactly why they do it like they do. Why not have the students who are able/willing to come back to that game buy inexpensive tickets for the game. Then they can also try to fill out the arena with other fans to keep it full.

I personally would rather have it like that than have the possibility that it will look like we were playing Po-dunk state on a thursday night while school is in session.

I understand that CF is a very small %. I still dont think we'd have a gaping hole like you think if we gave students tickets to this game. I think you would be surprised how many students would be there. With all the hype for this season and more student involvement (ie student tickets sold out as soon as they did) there would still be a good number of students there. Besides we fill those seats up with a bunch of geezers who wont get off their feet or glare at you or ***** at you when you stand up and cheer. I'd rather have the students.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I understand that CF is a very small %. I still dont think we'd have a gaping hole like you think if we gave students tickets to this game. I think you would be surprised how many students would be there. With all the hype for this season and more student involvement (ie student tickets sold out as soon as they did) there would still be a good number of students there. Besides we fill those seats up with a bunch of geezers who wont get off their feet or glare at you or ***** at you when you stand up and cheer. I'd rather have the students.

You might have kicked off our first "complain about Cyclone Alley" thread of the season. :wink:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Were the games included in the student season ticket packaged listed, or was it stated that break games would not be included in the student season ticket package?

If not, strip naked and storm the AD.