No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
If you bought student tickets for basketball it does not include the texas game.

that is the biggest pile of crap i have heard in a while I paid 120 dollars for season tickets and cant even go to a marquee matchup of the year. I called the ticket office today and they said we do not provide tickets due to Winter Break. students can still attend the game if they buy separate tickets for this game.

this is awful :realmad:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Always been that way. I still think its pretty dumb. So what if most students won't come. Open that area up to GA and give students a ticket because some, like you, would come but won't pay for another ticket if forced. Not to mention the stupidity of having a conference game during break.

K

KFitzy87

After Kansas and Iowa, that was probably the game I was looking forward to the most! Even if it's during break, they should have still included it... It's the opening game to the new-look Big 12!!!! :realmad:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
There is no way this is true. ISU would be stupid to do this. This is arguably the second most attractive conference game after Kansas and there won't be any students to cheer the team on. Lets face it, Hilton is a joke during winter break when the students are gone.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
This is very dumb. I was planning on driving back up during break to go, but I really don't want to spend extra money to go to a game. I already have to sit in ****** seats, because they sold out early. (Which is somewhat my fault, but still)

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
There is no way this is true. ISU would be stupid to do this. This is arguably the second most attractive conference game after Kansas and there won't be any students to cheer the team on. Lets face it, Hilton is a joke during winter break when the students are gone.

I called the ticket office today

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Call the ticket office and make the demand be known. Hopefully they respond...

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
So I don't know if this is your first time purchasing tickets to MBB but there have never been break games in the student ticket package. If you want to go, you can get really cheap tickets. Even if you buy the worst tickets there, they open the ends for anyone to sit in.

If they put in break games then yes you would be happy about the Texas game, but would complain that you are paying for tickets to Lipscomb and Mississippi Valley state games that you probably wouldn't be going to.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Then, I think it's time for a mass e-mail to Pollard. A conference game should have the student section.

laytonz

Feb 16, 2009
Ames

This happened two or three years ago. Iowa State has not and will not include break games in student tickets. First, it helps keep the price down. Second, no one shows up and the Athletic Department then sells the tickets in that area. Get over it. Its been that way for awhile and won't change unless literally hundreds of students buy the tickets to the break games (which are super cheap btw).

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
So I don't know if this is your first time purchasing tickets to MBB but there have never been break games in the student ticket package. If you want to go, you can get really cheap tickets. Even if you buy the worst tickets there, they open the ends for anyone to sit in.

If they put in break games then yes you would be happy about the Texas game, but would complain that you are paying for tickets to Lipscomb and Mississippi Valley state games that you probably wouldn't be going to.

There are 2 conference games I can think of since 2002 where it was held over break. One was K-State back in the the Morgan years and the other was Kansas back in 2003. IIRC, they still did a lottery for the Kansas game even though it was over break...

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
student tickets are sold out and this is one of the most anticipated years for hoops. and I would not care if it was baylor or Bum**** state but this is texas