No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
when it boils down to it, it is just another way the athletic department jams it to its fans and the people who fund this university, with out the students there would be no university.

this is the jam sandwich step up and take another bite

This is just too funny to be a serious post.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, let's GIVE away seats people are willing to PAY for.

I was a student once. If there was a game over break I wanted to see, I bought a ticket and I didn't complain about it because I KNEW it going in.

How about we just make everyone buy the break tickets and not include all tickets in that? Regular season ticketholders have just as poor a showing so why not? Itll make some money so its got to be a good idea right?

Always seemed like a dumb policy to me that discouraged what students were in town from showing up.

K

KFitzy87

I'm about 99% sure that our basketball players would rather see students in the side sections than geezers at the Texas game.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Break games are cheap anyways. Sacrifice a night (maybe 2-3 if you are cheap) of drinking and you have your ticket covered. You could include it in the student season tickets, but enough wouldn't show up to make it worth it. Additionally, we would then have people on the site complaining about the lack of student support at the game even though it is on break.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well you know what they say about ASSUMING.....

It is clearly written there.

Here is your one and only problem, bolded for your pleasure.

Appears to me people forgot to take into account there would 18 conference games this year, and to do it, you need to start the conference season earlier than in past years.

Was still planning on going to all the games from Jan 2-9 because I'm gonna be back in Ames then, even before I knew it was gonna be a Texas game. Just kinda sucky that the 2nd biggest conference home game is over break.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
when it boils down to it, it is just another way the athletic department jams it to its fans and the people who fund this university, with out the students there would be no university.

this is the jam sandwich step up and take another bite
You CANNOT be serious. The STUDENTS fund this university? Yes, you are the ones paying tuition, but you understand the athletic department operates on its own budget, right? And student tickets are an atom in the ocean compared to FULL-PRICE-PAYING season ticket holders of the general public, many of whom also donate hundreds or thousands of dollars.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I'm about 99% sure that our basketball players would rather see students in the side sections than geezers at the Texas game.

And I'm 100% sure our basketball players don't care about the age of the fans that are in the seats. Nice try though.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
How about we just make everyone buy the break tickets and not include all tickets in that? Regular season ticketholders have just as poor a showing so why not? Itll make some money so its got to be a good idea right?

Always seemed like a dumb policy to me that discouraged what students were in town from showing up.

Easy there fella, you're starting to make too much sense.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I'm not sure why people are surprised and all the sudden freaking out over this. When I bought my tickets a couple months ago I figured with the new 18 game schedule there would be a conference game over break and that it wouldn't be included in the student ticket package. Just common sense.

I'd guess CA would be under half full for the game even if tickets were included. A lot of people won't or can't be back to Ames by the 4th for a million different reasons, and a lot of people flat out don't care enough to come back early for a basketball game. A reasonable solution would be for the AD to reserve one side of CA's normal seats for students who are back in town for the game and sell them for $5.

I was planning on using the fact that I didn't have student tickets for the game as an excuse to buy some GA tickets and get a few people who have never been to a game at Hilton up to Ames.

Reactions: CyDude16
K

KFitzy87

And I'm 100% sure our basketball players don't care about the age of the fans that are in the seats. Nice try though.

Having just finished my last year playing varsity basketball, I can tell you that a court surrounded by screaming students is a little more exciting and fun to play in than one that is predominantly made up of people with gray hair. Nice try though.:wink:

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Having just finished my last year playing varsity basketball, I can tell you that a court surrounded by screaming students is a little more exciting and fun to play in than one that is predominantly made up of people with gray hair. Nice try though.:wink:

Ahhh, so you are comparing 14,000 people to the couple of hundred in your high school gym. Kinda a stretch.

As a HS basketball player myself, I was more focused on the game than the hair color in the seats. So was our coach. We won a lot.

K

KFitzy87

Ahhh, so you are comparing 14,000 people to the couple of hundred in your high school gym. Kinda a stretch.

As a HS basketball player myself, I was more focused on the game than the hair color in the seats. So was our coach. We won a lot.

Congratulations on your winning ways! Hopefully the Cyclones can win a lot of games like you :smile:

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, let's GIVE away seats people are willing to PAY for.

I was a student once. If there was a game over break I wanted to see, I bought a ticket and I didn't complain about it because I KNEW it going in.
What crawled up your ***?! You just come on here and bash 3 or 4 people for various reasons?!?

So the whole students in free thing is probably a stretch but the important thing is getting those seats filled with the best fans possible. Switching out two sides of yelling, screaming students, who won't sit the whole game, for non-students is no comparison. The students won't fill up all of CA during this game but neither will non-students, GA ticket buyers.
I say they split CA, one side GA, and the other side for students at a discounted price. We will get more students to attend and this way they will all be in the same area, allowing them to stand the whole game and be their normal selves. Everyone goes home happy with a Cyclone Victory!!!! :yes:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
This is one funny thread. When they advertise student tickets, it is clearly stated that games during break are not included. They have done this for many years, so the AD is in no way trying to jam it to you. I went to lots of games during break during my years at ISU; want to know how? I bought tickets. You can always find people with tickets for sale CHEAP right outside Hilton.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
This is just a fantastic thread.
I think it's a good time for..
images

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I never have figured out why they don't take and give students the option to purchase the break games. $125 for the normal tickets, $150 to include break games. Reserve a section of seats for students and sell the rest. Not terribly difficult.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This is one funny thread. When they advertise student tickets, it is clearly stated that games during break are not included. They have done this for many years, so the AD is in no way trying to jam it to you. I went to lots of games during break during my years at ISU; want to know how? I bought tickets. You can always find people with tickets for sale CHEAP right outside Hilton.

This thread is why we can't have nice things. All the damn complaining. Like Ricky Stanzi says, America, love it or leave it. :

:jimlad:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
How hard would it be to give students tickets to this game and give them one end? Preferably the end we would be on defense in the 2nd half. Give us home court advantage!! I don't get it...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron