No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
its not about paying the extra 20 bucks to go see a game its about the athletic department sticking it to the students. BS

How are they sticking it to you? You knew you didn't get games during break when you bought them.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
sorry i guess none of you have ever made a degrading slur across the internet. and its not like i posted it on here. that was taken straight from my twitter account. if you really want to beat me up for this go ahead, i put it on the internet and i deserve what i get, but just remember that you guys have been there too.

Sweet defense.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
This happened two or three years ago. Iowa State has not and will not include break games in student tickets. First, it helps keep the price down. Second, no one shows up and the Athletic Department then sells the tickets in that area. Get over it. Its been that way for awhile and won't change unless literally hundreds of students buy the tickets to the break games (which are super cheap btw).

Thank you, I was just going to say the same thing. Yes, the students that frequent this website will go to the game because we are die hard fans. But the 75% of the other students that go to those games will not go, and the lower bowl will look like a COMPLETE joke for the TV station that covers the game. I am actually glad they are doing this so we do not get humiliated.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
They should include all games and charge accordingly, but students would complain about that since so many are still attached to mommy's apron strings and have to go home for every day of every break.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
For all you non student season ticket holders this would be like you buying a package and not getting all the games.

No...it would be like buying EXACTLY what is advertised since it clearly says the games are not included.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No...it would be like buying EXACTLY what is advertised since is clearly says the games are not included.

I'm not surprised by this at all either. It does suck that the Texas game isn't included, but that's more bad luck than anything else.

Still, it would be cool if they started giving students the option of getting holiday break tickets. Myself and several other friends who live in Central IA usually try to make the holiday break games whenever possible.

Either way, I'll be at the Texas game - wouldn't miss it.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
if you dont like it stay the f off my twitter account.

You are an embarrassment. You got exactly what was advertised in plain ENGLISH and yet you have to endlessly **** and moan and badmouth the AD. Then you take it further by throwing a little tantrum on twitter. Nice.

I take back my offer to buy you a ticket to this game and hope you will grow up and act like an adult instead.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm not surprised by this at all either. It does suck that the Texas game isn't included, but that's more bad luck than anything else.

Still, it would be cool if they started giving students the option of getting holiday break tickets. Myself and several other friends who live in Central IA usually try to make the holiday break games whenever possible.

Either way, I'll be at the Texas game - wouldn't miss it.

I'm going to try this one more time....

THEY HAVE THE OPTION TO ATTEND THE GAME. THERE IS NO REASON TO COMPLAIN.

All they have to do is purchase a ticket. Simple isn't it?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I meant inclusive with the season ticket package.

I'm not complaining; it's just an idea. Like I said, I still try to make as many holiday break games as possible. I've bought cheap tickets for each game with no problems, and I'll be doing it again this year

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007

Then there is no student section which decreases our chances of up setting Texas. That's the problem with all of this.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina

Would it be that big of a deal if they had one end of the arena blocked off for a student/CA section? I know it has always been this way, and we (as students) should already know this, but what's the big deal? Not starting to pick a fight or anything.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I have a feeling that with the amount of ********, there will be some sort of incentive to get students there. The game is 5 months away, take it easy.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I can see it now: Due to popular demand, the ISU athletic department will start adding on break games to the student season ticket, with a small rise in cost. Some fools will then log on to CF and complain that they are paying for a game they can't see because they are currently out of Ames and can't afford the gas money. These people will demand a fuel voucher to offset the expense of travel. Then they will be angry that they drove back to Ames to watch ISU beat on Baylor.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I can see it now: Due to popular demand, the ISU athletic department will start adding on break games to the student season ticket, with a small rise in cost. Some fools will then log on to CF and complain that they are paying for a game they can't see because they are currently out of Ames and can't afford the gas money. These people will demand a fuel voucher to offset the expense of travel. Then they will be angry that they drove back to Ames to watch ISU beat on Baylor.
Or you make it easy, make it an option on the tickets! $125 for the package now, $150 for full season tickets. What a brilliant solution! I can't believe I thought of it!

It can be done. They did it last year with the football tickets and the KC game.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Or you make it easy, make it an option on the tickets! $125 for the package now, $150 for full season tickets. What a brilliant solution! I can't believe I thought of it!

It can be done. They did it last year with the football tickets and the KC game.

How about the kids put down the Busch Light for one weekend, save the money, and buy a single game ticket. What a brilliant solution! I can't believe I thought of it!

It can be done. They do it before finals.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
How about the kids put down the Busch Light for one weekend, save the money, and buy a single game ticket. What a brilliant solution! I can't believe I thought of it!

It can be done. They do it before finals.
Well aren't you just brilliant? I'm sure you'd fix the college students average debt by telling them to quit having social lives and work all the time to pay them off. Both social living and sports are a part of the college experience.

And buying a ticket to sit surrounded by old people who get pissy when you yell sucks. Some of the old people need to realize they aren't in a funeral home and noise is perfectly appropriate.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron