No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
few students go to break games anyways. Trust me, I have been to them as a student (bought the 10 dollar ticket or something close) and thought it was fun to sit in a different place.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
When was the last time student tickets were sold out in the middle of July? You never know what's going to happen. A **** load of students could come and support their basketball team. They might be gone for the other games, but Texas is a big game.

Athletic Dept has to go on past history.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Well aren't you just brilliant? I'm sure you'd fix the college students average debt by telling them to quit having social lives and work all the time to pay them off. Both social living and sports are a part of the college experience.

And buying a ticket to sit surrounded by old people who get pissy when you yell sucks. Some of the old people need to realize they aren't in a funeral home and noise is perfectly appropriate.

I'm not asking the students to put down all social activity. One weekend without beer will not kill a student's social life.

And until I actually see the students get louder than the rest, I 'll continue to make fun of them.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Well aren't you just brilliant? I'm sure you'd fix the college students average debt by telling them to quit having social lives and work all the time to pay them off. Both social living and sports are a part of the college experience.

And buying a ticket to sit surrounded by old people who get pissy when you yell sucks. Some of the old people need to realize they aren't in a funeral home and noise is perfectly appropriate.

Going to a college BB game is having a social life IMO. Not sure what you are getting at.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
there double dipping

First..."they're"

Second...no they are not...the definition of double dipping does not apply in this instance. They are not having you pay for the game twice. Again...English my friend, but seeing how you used "there" in your post, I can see you struggle a bit with it.

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
No...that actually makes it better by spreading the students around the way it used to be when Hilton Magic actually existed.

It's a win-win.

No...then those students have to sit on their hands because behind them is a family or old people, not other crazy students.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
No...then those students have to sit on their hands because behind them is a family or old people, not other crazy students.

History does not agree with you. When I was in the round robin seating as a student in Hilton, we were never told to sit down by any of the staff. If the old man didn't like it, that was his problem. Not mine.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Anyone remember the shirts from back in maybe 2000 or so? Said something on the back like "Can't see? Stand up and cheer!"
Think all students got them with season tickets.... maybe we just need more of those shirts?

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I agree with what istater7 said with the whole 5 months before the game thing. Let's give the AD a chance. Schedules just came out last week. They had no idea we were going to draw Texas during break. Hopefully they will come up with something in the next two or three months. If not by then...

Also, another thought... If the team flops (really, really hope not) the demand to come up and see the team get stomped is going to be really low among students. With that being said the AD may have to take the wait and see approach on how the first month of the season goes. If it's as we all expect, and hope it to be, then maybe the AD can set up a student section for that game and have students come buy $5 (just an example) the two weeks prior to break.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Regardless of whether it's been done before, its a stupid policy. From looking around i cant find any info that any big 12 school leaves break games out of its student season tickets (if you find it, feel free to post otherwise.. most athletics sites are disasters for finding info), and its always seemed dumb because attendance pre-conference sucks in ALL sections, not just students- and regular ticketholders have less of an excuse because its easier to sell the tickets! I think its a policy worth getting rid of entirely.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Regardless of whether it's been done before, its a stupid policy.

I don't think it's a stupid policy at all. If all games were included in the student season ticket, the season ticket price would be higher, and the students would be complaining about having to pay for games that they couldn't attend because they were away for break. And they would have a point.

In the present arrangement, the student season ticket cost is kept down by only including the games when school is in session, and those few students who want to attend the break games can buy the break tickets.