Not to change the subject---but anyone done with finals yet?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
This is finally the last (real) day for me. I have my athletic training test at 7:30am, and then I have to finish a huge choral methods project that's due at 6pm. Hopefully that gets done early so that I have time to do some extra-credit assignments for multicultural ed.

I'm currently running on six total hours of sleep since Sunday- three hours early on Monday morning, and three early on Thursday morning. That's it. I've felt okay the last couple days, but I am *not* feeling so hot now...

I am so sick of being exhausted.
Most worthless class ever. It's basically 16 weeks of "don't be a(n) ___ist"

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Most worthless class ever. It's basically 16 weeks of "don't be a(n) ___ist"
Oh my god, I know. I've dealt with a lot of stupid stuff between high school and college, but this class completely takes the cake. I'm an education major, so I pay attention to the ways people teach and how effective they are. I can say quite confidently that my 406 professor is THE WORST educator I have ever seen, in any subject, at any level, anywhere on the planet. She doesn't just neglect us; she seemingly goes out of her way to actively make the class pointless yet difficult. The level of homework is beyond insane, it's just comical. I did the math, and on average, on Mondays we were assigned 292 pages to read and a 5-page paper to write. By Wednesday. She grades like somebody gave an orangutan a case of Red Bull, and lectures in approximately the same manner. I have never heard longer strings of BS buzzwords than in that class. I quite literally have learned ONE useful thing in 16 weeks of class, which means I'm doing better than most.

Get this: our entire class (minus one person) is of the opinion that she is such an atrocious professor that is actively damaging students' academic careers and teacher-prep that we've drafted a resolution and petition. It's going to the C&I department head, the head of the teacher ed program, the dean of Human Sciences and the office of the dean of students. I'm pretty sure she's tenured, so we can't get her fired, but we can get her banned from ever teaching a course again.

Completely incompetent, wasted 16 weeks of my life, and gave future employers a false sense of security that I actually might know jack **** about multiculturalism.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Oh my god, I know. I've dealt with a lot of stupid stuff between high school and college, but this class completely takes the cake. I'm an education major, so I pay attention to the ways people teach and how effective they are. I can say quite confidently that my 406 professor is THE WORST educator I have ever seen, in any subject, at any level, anywhere on the planet. She doesn't just neglect us; she seemingly goes out of her way to actively make the class pointless yet difficult. The level of homework is beyond insane, it's just comical. I did the math, and on average, on Mondays we were assigned 292 pages to read and a 5-page paper to write. By Wednesday. She grades like somebody gave an orangutan a case of Red Bull, and lectures in approximately the same manner. I have never heard longer strings of BS buzzwords than in that class. I quite literally have learned ONE useful thing in 16 weeks of class, which means I'm doing better than most.

Get this: our entire class (minus one person) is of the opinion that she is such an atrocious professor that is actively damaging students' academic careers and teacher-prep that we've drafted a resolution and petition. It's going to the C&I department head, the head of the teacher ed program, the dean of Human Sciences and the office of the dean of students. I'm pretty sure she's tenured, so we can't get her fired, but we can get her banned from ever teaching a course again.

Completely incompetent, wasted 16 weeks of my life, and gave future employers a false sense of security that I actually might know jack **** about multiculturalism.
Here's multiculturalism as I learned it: don't play favorites in the classroom.

You can mail me my $500 in tuition now.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I got bent over by my math 150 final...i didnt even get a "thanks, or that i was good":no::jimlad:

That class blew goat...

However, on the subject of finals, how many of you can boast a 40% failure rate, yet still have over a 2.75 on the semester? ::wideeyed:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
That class blew goat...

However, on the subject of finals, how many of you can boast a 40% failure rate, yet still have over a 2.75 on the semester? ::wideeyed:

Hate you hate you hate you hate you!:notworthy:

well as much as this class sucked, i still have one more chance to redeem myself...come on 60% on third attempt!:biglaugh:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Hate you hate you hate you hate you!:notworthy:

well as much as this class sucked, i still have one more chance to redeem myself...come on 60% on third attempt!:biglaugh:

2 failed finals, no studying, spent maybe 2 hours on homework the whole semester, didn't open any books, still over a 2.75..need I continue? :biglaugh:

Math 150 sucks and is completely useless in life. There I said it. (I took it Fall '07). DON'T TAKE 151 UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!!!

cynamyn

Nov 22, 2006
Omaha
All done, I barely beat the storm driving back to Omaha, but have since enjoyed a nice warm cup of cocoa and peppermint schnapps.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
DON'T TAKE 151 UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!!!

This sentence when by it self has a much different (and more important) message

And I am now down to the last 3 essays I will ever write in my entire life (granted they are due at 9:45 tomorrow morning)

8 pages....ugh.....and then freedom from writing papers forever!

maui6651

Sep 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
This sentence when by it self has a much different (and more important) message
And I am now down to the last 3 essays I will ever write in my entire life (granted they are due at 9:45 tomorrow morning)

8 pages....ugh.....and then freedom from writing papers forever!

Only one essay left... suck it. :wink:

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
That still happens to me... even after 7 years.

My dream is always that I just forgot to go to class the whole semester and realize it a couple days before the final and I don't know where the class meets.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
My dream is always that I just forgot to go to class the whole semester and realize it a couple days before the final and I don't know where the class meets.

Sounds like my roommate

maui6651

Sep 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

This is either a movie reference I'm not in on, or a conspiracy. I've heard this from more people than I can count. That and the "I dreamt that I was back in high school and forgot my locker combination" story. Am I missing something? :sad: