NU @ ISU VB

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Just got back. **** load of people, just as ****** of a performance. Nebraska DOMINATED.

yeah and it wasn't because they were so much better, ISU was just asleep at the wheel. they looked lethargic and had no control of the ball.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
yeah and it wasn't because they were so much better, ISU was just asleep at the wheel. they looked lethargic and had no control of the ball.

Nebraska completely controlled the net. Wasn't even remotely close.

Our hitting percentage was lower than our defensive stops on third down in football percentage (which is roughly never so that should tell you something).

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Nebraska completely controlled the net. Wasn't even remotely close.

Our hitting percentage was lower than our defensive stops on third down in football percentage (which is roughly never so that should tell you something).

My point was that ISU looked completely off their game. There were so many errors and mis reads and still it was fairly close at the end of the last two games.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Nebraska, they are a good team, but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I want to know how they counted that. A group of us came in with our Cy Passes and they had no way to keep an official count. :skeptical:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I want to know how they counted that. A group of us came in with our Cy Passes and they had no way to keep an official count. :skeptical:

I wouldn't count you..............:wink:

Is 10,200 official? I'm dead sure they said 10,403.

Either way, we had 10 thousand there for volleyball. It seemed like we took some time to adjust to their blockers before we found angles around them. But I'm no expert, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I will, though, be looking for another chance to get back for another match:yes:

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Got to the hotel room. Not much to add, that was the worst I have seen the ladies play this year (granted, I have only driven down for 4 matches).

No energy until end of the second game, Henson had what had to have been her worst match in a long time. It seemed that if we blocked, it went out of bounds; Nebraska's blocks stayed in play. NU's kill % was over .300, we were not over .100 until into the 3rd game.

Probably all because I didn't sit in my normal seat, the seat we are 3-0 in this year. That seat will be occupied by me on Senior Night.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Got to the hotel room. Not much to add, that was the worst I have seen the ladies play this year (granted, I have only driven down for 4 matches).

No energy until end of the second game, Henson had what had to have been her worst match in a long time. It seemed that if we blocked, it went out of bounds; Nebraska's blocks stayed in play. NU's kill % was over .300, we were not over .100 until into the 3rd game.

Probably all because I didn't sit in my normal seat, the seat we are 3-0 in this year. That seat will be occupied by me on Senior Night.

Looks like we found our scapegoat.........:biggrin:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I was curious on that too, as i used a cyclone club card to get myself and a friend in, and there was no counting on those.

Regardless, the place was packed. Itd been awhile since id been to a game live (i did 2 years in the volleyball band when we first started having a band for vball games), and have watched online when i've had the chance, but our team just looked like they were asleep until the last bit of the second set.

Shame too, if we'd had a great performance, that place would have been rocking. Amazing, amazing crowd. I remember being able to go up and take any seat in the arena when we went and played fights from random corners of hilton during games. Couldnt do that tonight, thats for sure.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
I was curious on that too, as i used a cyclone club card to get myself and a friend in, and there was no counting on those.

Regardless, the place was packed. Itd been awhile since id been to a game live (i did 2 years in the volleyball band when we first started having a band for vball games), and have watched online when i've had the chance, but our team just looked like they were asleep until the last bit of the second set.

Shame too, if we'd had a great performance, that place would have been rocking. Amazing, amazing crowd. I remember being able to go up and take any seat in the arena when we went and played fights from random corners of hilton during games. Couldnt do that tonight, thats for sure.

Just seeing a constant stream of fans coming in all the way to the beginning of the match and a little longer was very impressive.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
The serve recieve pasing in the first game was about as bad as I'd ever seen from our ladies and Hensen really strugged (understatement). NU completely dominated the net all night.

It seemed like the only play we could score on was the slide play to the right hitter and we didnt realize it until the final game.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
The Texas match was one of the best matches I've seen them play in five years. The Nebraska match was one of the worst. They seriously played like they did about three, four years ago. We didn't attack the net at ALL; digs were going everywhere but up; passes were going into the crowd on a regular basis; there was frequent miscommunication on set heights (hitter expected a 5 and got a 2, for example); Henson's attacks were so blatantly obvious that the Huskers had a full 3 seconds to prepare to block them (which they did); blocks were so far away from the net that they almost always got stuffed by Husker counter-blockers and rolled down our players' bodies for the Husker point.

I really don't think Henson is the player we need in that position. I've noticed for the last five or so matches that a LOT of our plays are just a simple 4 set to Henson. A few plays are a 3 set with a fake attack right away, then the real attack by Henson. In every case, the opposing team has figured this out very quickly; they all got good at blocking Henson because everyone can see her coming. She hasn't been very effective at all, and I think we need to switch her out.

Nebraska played well- they were obviously ****** at losing to us last time- but they should not have won. Our team is better, but they didn't show up to play tonight at all. I don't know who was out there on the court, but it wasn't the Spikelones.