Oakland @ Iowa

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
So there were more ISU fans there for the WBB game than there were for the football game two weeks ago?
You wouldn't know, now would you? You don't have the collective ability to count in OWA city, that why your head count always differs from your perpetual bag of tricks SOLDOUT status yarn they weave.

Facts of basketball attendance elude you, it's no wonder the TV cameras never get beyond the first 3-4 rows at Cadaver arena.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I believe that the ISU women outdrew the Iowa men last year in bball. I'm not 100% sure but I thought I heard that. Not hard to find out.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You wouldn't know, now would you? You don't have the collective ability to count in OWA city, that why your head count always differs from your perpetual bag of tricks SOLDOUT status yarn they weave.

Facts of basketball attendance elude you, it's no wonder the TV cameras never get beyond the first 3-4 rows at Cadaver arena.

I live in Ames. So..... does that mean I do know how to count?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I believe that the ISU women outdrew the Iowa men last year in bball. I'm not 100% sure but I thought I heard that. Not hard to find out.

It's probably true. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it. ISU women have a solid program, and the Iowa MBB program is in the early stages of rebuilding.

Either way though, drawing 10,000-ish for a WBB game is impressive, regardless of how you compare it to a MBB program.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Maybe you can count. Perhaps your ability to read has more to do with living in Ames than being as smart as a Hackeye, not being able to count attendance.

You can't justify the extremely poor OWA men's attendance. You might think a new coach would jump start the men's attendance, apparently not.

Just like the OWA women's team, tying for the little 11 women's BB title and couldn't even sniff a national ranking.....look at their attendance.

I have been to ISU Iowa women's games in OWA City where the attendance was almost more visiting ISU fans than OWA fans.

That's what happens when "closet" hackeyes only support winners.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Maybe you can count. Perhaps your ability to read has more to do with living in Ames than being as smart as a Hackeye, not being able to count attendance.

You can't justify the extremely poor OWA men's attendance. You might think a new coach would jump start the men's attendance, apparently not.

Just like the OWA women's team, tying for the little 11 women's BB title and couldn't even sniff a national ranking.....look at their attendance.

I have been to ISU Iowa women's games in OWA City where the attendance was almost more visiting ISU fans than OWA fans.

So, in theory, if Hawkeye fans only support winners, shouldn't the attendance for WBB games last year been through the roof? And on the other side, shouldn't football attendance have been on the steady decline after three straight .500 seasons?

You're such an angry 'lil guy.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
It's probably true. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it. ISU women have a solid program, and the Iowa MBB program is in the early stages of rebuilding.

Either way though, drawing 10,000-ish for a WBB game is impressive, regardless of how you compare it to a MBB program.

Not in a commendable way.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008

No. ISU fans like women's basketball. Iowa fans, eh, not so much. As a basketball fan, I can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch the ladies play. Yet, you want to brag on it. To each his own.

Give it a few years. Hawk fans seem to like TL and his new group of youngsters.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Not in a commendable way.

Please explain why having 10,000 fans at ANY bball game, let alone a womens game, ISN'T commendable.

you probably feel the same way about large gatherings at UofI Wrestling meets too, right?

-keep.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
ISU Women's basketball is among the leaders in the nation for WBB attendance, where is yours, for being the co little 11 title holder?

I don't have the figures, but having been at the games involved, I suspect the opening attendance for McDermott or even the waning yrs of Morgan's MBB beat your current EXCUSE for OWA MBB.

Please stop with the rebuilding EXCUSE, it doesn't hold up or explain fan turnoff in OWA city for BB in general, both for Men and women.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
No. ISU fans like women's basketball. Iowa fans, eh, not so much. As a basketball fan, I can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch the ladies play. Yet, you want to brag on it. To each his own.

As a basketball fan YOU should appreciate the womens game.. .it is much more like the original game than what the men play ... why you wouldn't seems quite odd to me... why the dislike to a quality game?

-keep.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007

But apparently not enough to show up to games, even now. What does that say about your fan base now or in the future when they might win?

Ever hear of "closet fans"? You just echoed my earlier point, didn't you?:yes:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
But apparently not enough to show up to games, even now. What does that say about your fan base now or in the future when they might win?

For being such a HUGE ISU fan, you sure talk about Iowa a lot.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
As a basketball fan YOU should appreciate the womens game.. .it is much more like the original game than what the men play ... why you wouldn't seems quite odd to me... why the dislike to a quality game?

-keep.

You're not reading well. I said I won't blame people for not wanting to watch the ladies. I can still enjoy a girls game, although I dislike the fact they use a smaller ball. I also can't blame someone for not liking NBA ball (and college is getting worse) because of the nonstop travelling.

My earlier statement about 10K attendance not being commendable was first off, a joke. However, it elicited the response I wanted. A few posters ran straight for the fact that they are a winning program. And all while arguing that Hawk fans only supporta winner.

Reactions: SplitIdentity

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008

School is out for the week and there was a huge football game in Minnesota on Saturday night. I echoed nothing. You haven't thought your argument all the way through though.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'm not much of a WBB fan. I can't hate on him for that.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
School is out for the week and there was a huge football game in Minnesota on Saturday night. I echoed nothing. You haven't thought your argument all the way through though.

Doesn't explain opening season regular games attendance does it? Try the week of 11/10/08, make your EXCUSE for that. We already know the students haven't been attending in droves.

YOU'RE the one that hasn't thought at all. Keep making EXCUSES for poor BB attendance.

Help Support Us

Become a patron