Oakland @ Iowa

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Doesn't explain opening season regular games attendance does it? Try the week of 11/10/08, make your EXCUSE for that. We already know the students haven't been attending in droves.

YOU'RE the one that hasn't thought at all. Keep making EXCUSES for poor BB attendance.

Which game do you want to talk about? Since I was specifically addressing the Oakland game (you saw the thread title, I'm sure), I think I thought it through all right. The fact that you had to bring up different games says a lot.

And it has never been a secret that Hawk students need a serious contender, old folks leave early, and early season games against weak opponents (even ones that have decent teams) don't get people into their seats. But Hawk attendance is decent, especially considering how many bad feelings were developed during Alford's tenure.

As for the smaller ball, they should use a smaller hoop then. Of course they look like more fundamental shooters, the defense isn't as athletic and the ball goes in the hoop a lot easier. I enjoy half court offense in girls ball, but I never get over the fact that the ball is smaller. In fact, it often keeps me up at night in a cold sweat.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
You're not reading well. I said I won't blame people for not wanting to watch the ladies. I can still enjoy a girls game, although I dislike the fact they use a smaller ball. I also can't blame someone for not liking NBA ball (and college is getting worse) because of the nonstop travelling.

My earlier statement about 10K attendance not being commendable was first off, a joke. However, it elicited the response I wanted. A few posters ran straight for the fact that they are a winning program. And all while arguing that Hawk fans only supporta winner.

MEH.

you are forum cool.

-keep.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
ClimbIowa: If you don't know, I will have to help you, try looking at attendance for OWA men's BB on 11/14 and 11/17 and compare to ISU women's BB attendance, hello, try looking at OWA WOMENS BB attendance and try to compare ISU Women of this yr or even last yr and OWA was CO-CHUMPS OF THE little 11.

I can understand your sleepness nights, if you're trying to think. :arghh:

Last edited:

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa is up 30-24 at half. The guys back at the studio said watching the first half was like watching someone scrape their fingernails on the chalk board.

The snooze fest season has begun. Just how does a team score 24 points in 20 minutes of basketball with a 35 second shot clock?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yes, lets change the hoops between every men's and women's game and practice session. Marvelous.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
ClimbIowa: If you don't know, I will have to help you, try looking at attendance for OWA men's BB on 11/14 and 11/17 and compare to ISU women's BB attendance, hello, try looking at OWA WOMENS BB attendance and try to compare ISU Women of this yr or even last yr and OWA was CO-CHUMPS OF THE little 11.

I can understand your sleepness nights, if you're trying to think. :arghh:

Ah, Go for Gin. So nice to see you.

Help Support Us

Become a patron