*** Official #14 Baylor vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Gawd dammit now I’m sucked in and want to win this again, but I’m not sure it’s in our best interest for ncaa tourney success.

Imo the team looked fine last night. The championship game on a Saturday helps so a one or two game burst shouldn't be too bad. I'm more worried about injuries which I guess is similar.

I was in the same boat though. Was just wanting to see ISU figure some things out to get better looks on offense etc. and then as they started to pour it on last night...

YARN | I care. | Seinfeld (1993) - S09E03 The Serenity Now | Video clips by  quotes | 812eee3e | 紗

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I there with you. Just finished my second cup of coffee getting ready for a meeting. At least it's work from home Friday, and I can use my normal commute time to take a nap.
You're lucky. Being a construction superintendent I don't get to ever work from home. Oh well, love doing this since I can't sit at a desk all day long.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
win-major-league.gif

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
You're lucky. Being a construction superintendent I don't get to ever work from home. Oh well, love doing this since I can't sit at a desk all day long.
Truth be told, I'd rather work at the power plant. I just hate my commute. It's the choice I made to live here such that my wife can bike to work in 5 minutes.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Baylor's zone gives us fits. Going to be a dog fight. Nonetheless, we've got to be proud whatever the result. Still looking good come Selection Sunday. Hope we win though.

• Haha
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
We easily handled KSU’s zone last night. Hopefully it translate against Baylor’s zone.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Truth be told, I'd rather work at the power plant. I just hate my commute. It's the choice I made to live here such that my wife can bike to work in 5 minutes.
I'd love to work at a nucular paner plant (assuming you get the reference since you have Homer Simpson as your avatar).

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I was in the same boat though. Was just wanting to see ISU figure some things out to get better looks on offense etc. and then as they started to pour it on last night...
They're still not shooting it from 3 as well as they need. Another game to try to get them going before the tourney. I'd love if they got going at a similar clip as the stretch from the end of January thru first part of February.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't know this for sure, but I'd imagine Baylor plays much more zone than K-State.

Shooting 1-14 from 3 won't help get Baylor out of their zone.
K State threw a 1-3-1 at us, and I think Baylor plays a 2-3. We ate up the 1-3-1 and they quit using it. We know what to do against the 2-3, just need to execute and get them out of it so that we can operate against their man defense.

Overall, I think it's good experience in case we run into a zone in the tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Help Support Us

Become a patron