*** Official #17 Baylor vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Brock's reaction when he had the super obvious text book targeting go uncalled shows just how aware the guys are when they are getting screwed. He knew the guy hit him helmet to helmet. He knew their wasn't a flag. He knew his teammate got ejected for what wasn't even helmet to helmet.

I will say the live streamers and game reacts on the Baylor Sic 'Em network all know they got incredible gifts to start the game. One of them even used my exact words about not having earned the points. Of course then they move onto their 3rd quarter where they did earn it, just like any fans would.
20/20 hindsight. Should have just stayed in the ground and pretend he was knocked out. I’m half way kidding

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
They need to be fired… but they were probably following orders because there is no way that was targeting!
That booth review referee is intriguing....in a bad way. Are they volunteers? What is his/her salary? Have they ever played football? Have they ever refereed at lower levels? seriously, that call makes you wonder who they got up there.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My biggest question is what makes a play reviewable for such an infraction? Why weren't at least three other similar hits from Baylor reviewed? Why just the Freyler hit? None of it makes sense and its just terrible officiating.

It's just bad policy on the rule in general.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
ST play was improved & good. Punter was good. Eventually the stars will align & the O+D+ST will have A games the same day. B12 is going to be a slug fest with no easy wins.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I think the difference in the game comes down to Baylor being more aggressive on both sides of the ball, and really kept us off balance by dictating the tone of the game. We really didn't do anything to do the same to them.

That, and maybe our young guys just not quite elevating in their biggest test. Learning experience, on to the next.
If Campbell would just tell them to be more aggressive, no, that's not the problem. Bad ref calls and Baylor just has overall better talent.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Hard loss today, but they guys played hard. College football really has to decide what is leading with the head and what is not, because today, Baylor got away with it and the refs flagged ISU. I could care less but call it the same for both teams.

Long day, we headed up to Ames at 5:15, and got home at 9:00, beautiful weather for the game, good crowd, but a couple of those calls were head shakers.

Go Cyclones

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Nobody likes the targeting rule. CW mentioned maybe this needs to be like the NBA...Where there are different levels of Targeting. Like a flagrant 1 and a flagrant 2.

Reactions: t-noah

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not aggressively but pace too.

This group for ISU seems better when they have a nice pace. Today they got back to their deliberate milling around between plays.
I think playing tempo definitely helps an offense keep the defense off balance, and yeah, we kinda sorta tried tempo just a bit (mainly late).

Not offering a huge critique of the staff. Just wanted the defense to surprise them now and then with some heat from different areas. Baylor's plays on offense really kept us guessing, and it didn't feel like ours did that to them.

• Agree
Reactions: agentbear

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Mainly my comment was directed at them saying Baylor dominated the game. We were on our heels early because of flat out **** calls being called on one team and not the other. Take those two early PF calls out and I don’t see Baylor having the score they did at all. They weren’t marching up and down the field without free yards.

Baylor is good and I’m proud of the way we kept it close. I feel bad for our team when right off the bat, the refs decide one team can’t play the way the other team does. And of all teams, murder and rape U gets the calls in their favor.
John and Eric said many times Baylor dominated the 2nd half

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think playing tempo definitely helps an offense keep the defense off balance, and yeah, we kinda sorta tried tempo just a bit (mainly late).

Not offering a huge critique of the staff. Just wanted the defense to surprise them now and then with some heat from different areas. Baylor's plays on offense really kept us guessing, and it didn't feel like ours did that to them.

They ran those plays because they're able to. Baylor's available talent in their RBs and receiving corps along with their Oline is being undervalued in all of this. When you can lean down the field a bit you have lots of options.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron