NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Bulls Celtics coming down to the wire. It's quite interesting to watch Butler completely ignore Hoiberg on some possessions only to come up empty.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Figures Bulls go into all star break beating both Toronto and Boston. Unreal when I heard that is Chicago's 17 straight reg. season win on TNT.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not a Marcus Smart fan, but the foul call at the end looked iffy at best. The ref should have swallowed his whistle there.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not a Marcus Smart fan, but the foul call at the end looked iffy at best. The ref should have swallowed his whistle there.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Yeah that was a bad call, IMO, but it couldn't of happened to a better player...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah once the Cavs are fully healthy there's no way they aren't making the finals

If the current landscape in the East doesn't change then I'm inclined to agree. But there's still time before the trade deadline, and the Celtics have a ton of trade assets. Let's say Danny Ainge called up his old buddy Larry Bird and made a godfather offer to the Pacers for PG, something that involves a quality starter (Jae Crowder) under contract and/or a young player with a ton of upside (Jaylen Brown) and one of those Nets picks from the Pierce/Garnett deal that are all but guaranteed to land in the top three this year and next. Is PG plus the core they have in place good enough to beat Cleveland in a seven game series? He took the Pacers to the brink against Lebron before with a worse supporting cast than that. Then Indy is looking at a young core of Myles Turner, Crowder, Brown, and a top three pick this year or next plus what would likely be their own lottery pick since dealing PG probably means missing out on the playoffs. As a Pacers fan, I'd do it. They're just treading water right now. They can start the youth movement and if it goes right then their window would just be opening as Cleveland's closed. Better than risk losing PG for nothing after next season. With the way things are going I don't like their chances of getting an extension done to keep him in Indy.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
If the current landscape in the East doesn't change then I'm inclined to agree. But there's still time before the trade deadline, and the Celtics have a ton of trade assets. Let's say Danny Ainge called up his old buddy Larry Bird and made a godfather offer to the Pacers for PG, something that involves a quality starter (Jae Crowder) under contract and/or a young player with a ton of upside (Jaylen Brown) and one of those Nets picks from the Pierce/Garnett deal that are all but guaranteed to land in the top three this year and next. Is PG plus the core they have in place good enough to beat Cleveland in a seven game series? He took the Pacers to the brink against Lebron before with a worse supporting cast than that. Then Indy is looking at a young core of Myles Turner, Crowder, Brown, and a top three pick this year or next plus what would likely be their own lottery pick since dealing PG probably means missing out on the playoffs. As a Pacers fan, I'd do it. They're just treading water right now. They can start the youth movement and if it goes right then their window would just be opening as Cleveland's closed. Better than risk losing PG for nothing after next season. With the way things are going I don't like their chances of getting an extension done to keep him in Indy.
That'd be an interesting trade. It'd really change the league but no way it happens. I feel like the celtics are going to keep those picks

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That'd be an interesting trade. It'd really change the league but no way it happens. I feel like the celtics are going to keep those picks

They probably should keep them. But things can change in a hurry. If Ainge thinks they're a superstar away from getting over the hump then it would be defensible to make the big trade and go for the championship right now. But I doubt it will happen. I'm just looking for a way for my Pacers to escape the NBA middle class, for better or worse.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
They need all stars in the all star contests. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out
Right. There was some many missed dunks and no dunks that really blew me away. The nba should be embarrassed.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
But you watched, right? That's the key. What's the league's incentive to change if people are going to tune in regardless of who is competing?
Well I only watched because I'm home sick. If that's the best the NBA has to offer I won't be watching it again

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know defense is extinct in the NBA all star game but a 192-182 final score is just ****ing ridiculous.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
interesting trade. Not quite sure that Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, and a 2017 first and second are the best the Kings could've done. Especially since the Pels are sitting in 11th place in the conference standings.

From the Pels perspective I guess I understand, and Jrue Holiday, AD, and Boogie they might be competitive sooner rather than later. Also capitalized on a solid rookie season from Buddy Hield considering how old he already is.