MLB: ***Official 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Probably not an ideal time to say that, but really nothing terrible there. I would expect him to want to play more, and he did have a really good last month of the season. He still had a couple huge moments in the playoffs. I think he was hurt for most of the season and he gets healthy and really bounces back next year in a backup role.

This. Of course he wants to play more, but even that didn't seem like the central issue. He was more miffed that it wasn't really communicated to him that his role was extremely limited. Hell, I think most of us expected he would catch all of Jake's starts (otherwise, why have him on the roster?). Then he didn't. I have no problem with him expecting better communication on how he fit into the picture.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This. Of course he wants to play more, but even that didn't seem like the central issue. He was more miffed that it wasn't really communicated to him that his role was extremely limited. Hell, I think most of us expected he would catch all of Jake's starts (otherwise, why have him on the roster?). Then he didn't. I have no problem with him expecting better communication on how he fit into the picture.

Like Ross catching Lester, he was expected to catch all of Arrietas starts. However, after Game 3 of the NLCS, and knowing how Cleveland could run, it was definitely the right call to not use him, and Joe told the press that much. I find it hard to believe the conversation was not had with Montero prior to Joe telling the press, but who knows. Also, since Montero is a lefty, and he hit a grand slam in the NLCS, you most definitely have him on the World Series roster, even if you dont plan on using his glove.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Maybe if he wants more playing time he should take Joe's advice and try not to suck a little more often. There's a reason why he fell to the 3rd catcher on the roster

He had two hits the entire postseason. Now they were two very important hits but 2/12 with bad defense isn't a recipe for more playing time

Edit: and his hit in the WS was due to the infield being in, otherwise it's an inning ending dp

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm actually back in school pursuing a marketing degree. My journalism degree isn't turning up the job prospects I'd like (although I haven't given up on that), so I'm working on a backup plan. I'm still working full-time, plus interning as a photographer for the athletic department at Iowa and freelancing for both the CR Gazette and IC Press-Citizen/Register. So I really just haven't had the time to post as much these days. I'll still check in every now and again, but things have been pretty hectic since school started.

Good luck with it all, hope it works out well for you.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It's only been 11 years since the White Sox won and it seems like forever

And Kenny Williams still has a job because of that.

It's going to be real interesting to see what the White Sox do this offseason. If I was a White Sox fan I think I would want them to take another shot and not tear it down, I wouldn't trust the front office that got them into this spot to be able to oversee a total rebuild. If they do sell, I have to think Boston and the Dodgers are the favorites for Sale and Quintana.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
They had pretty decent voices, I was surprised. Dex especially

Help Support Us

Become a patron