MLB: ***Official 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I know this is going to sound insane as Cubs fans, but if someone could guarantee you the Cubs will win one and only one World Series over the next seven or so years, would you take that or let the next few years play out? I know how much luck is involved in the playoffs but I would be hesitant to cap this group's ceiling at only one World Series.

Let it play out. There's a chance at something really amazing (as though 1 World Series win isn't).

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
How great would it be to have the Cubs and White Sox make the World Series and then the Cubs lose.

*ducks*

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
How great would it be to have the Cubs and White Sox make the World Series and then the Cubs lose.

*ducks*

Meh...personally I dont consider the White Sox much of a rival, and its probably because I know like 2 or 3 White Six fans. I think inside the City limits of Chicago its a big rivalry, but outside of Chicago its just meh. Losing to the Cardinals or Royals would upset me more, just because I know A LOT of fans who would make my life hell. Kind of how the Cardinals probably felt last year when they won the first game and then lost 3 in a row.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I don't consider the Mets a rival either - doesn't change my last post. Only posted here as you mentioned the Cardinals anyway.

Cubs doing well so far

Mentioned the Cardinals in using an example of how nice it is, and how much it sucks, to get beat by a rival to end your season.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Mentioned the Cardinals in using an example of how nice it is, and how much it sucks, to get beat by a rival to end your season.

And as someone in that position last year... meh. Maybe if that rival goes on to the World Series, it would hurt a little. Otherwise, it's just on to the next. The injury toll was just too high for STL last year

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Will they play a double header tomorrow then? I always find it weird when teams don't do a double header the next day if they're playing the same team as the rained out game.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Will they play a double header tomorrow then? I always find it weird when teams don't do a double header the next day if they're playing the same team as the rained out game.
Not on a getaway day. No point in playing double headers this early. I also read that Atlanta will be in Chicago in July to play the Sox and both teams have an off day then.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not on a getaway day. No point in playing double headers this early. I also read that Atlanta will be in Chicago in July to play the Sox and both teams have an off day then.

Right, and if they don't play a split DH they lose a gate and teams don't like losing mo, ney.

Cards lost again today, 6 games out already even with a couple guys hitting out of their minds.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
ChYUA8bUUAAqXQE.jpg

Reactions: CycloneErik

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I feel like Heyward has hit more atom balls than the rest of the team combined. Still think he's gonna heat up soon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron