NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Playoffs Thread***

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm glad the Warriors were able to overcome some calls to win on the road.

Reactions: cyTOPEia

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Cavs might as well give up game 4 and not waste any effort. Going against a team with 4 nba all stars on it is just too much. Thanks Kevin Durant for ruining the NBA.

Probably better to thank Russel Westbrook. That Thunder team would have been ridiculous had they gotten those three to get along.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Quit watching the moment they didn't give Green his second "T" in the first quarter. The guy is impossible to watch and for some reason the league has chosen to baby him. Flipped on baseball and never turned back.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Quit watching the moment they didn't give Green his second "T" in the first quarter. The guy is impossible to watch and for some reason the league has chosen to baby him. Flipped on baseball and never turned back.

Yes deserved another one / as well as Tristan deserved an Emmy for his acting last night. Cavs started simply trying to get in Green's head and get him ejected while the rest of the Warriors were actually playing basketball.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The Cavs lost because their defense in the second half was atrocious. Golden State had to be close to ten uncontested dunks or layups.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He knows how to work the system. He's been doing it all season. He'll freak out and get a technical early in the game and then he is free to do whatever he wants the rest of the game because the refs refuse to kick him out by giving him a second technical.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

So impossible that I don't.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So LeBron is obviously leaving Cleveland next month, right? Where would you choose? Philly, Lakers, Rockets, someone else? If I'm LeBron I call up Paul George to go to LA. Chris Paul is free agent. Tell him to leave Houston. Then tell LA to do literally everything in their power to get Anthony Davis. Forget the salary cap or luxury tax. You're the Lakers. If you bring out those four guys you'll be rolling in money so just make it work financially. You also have to get all four of those guys to take slight paycuts to make it work ie Durant in GS.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

If it was the Cubs game you got to see a more dramatic sporting event.

Really too bad what happened with Game 1 officiating because it makes all the difference in the world for game 4 being pivotal or a potential sweep now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So LeBron is obviously leaving Cleveland next month, right? Where would you choose? Philly, Lakers, Rockets, someone else? If I'm LeBron I call up Paul George to go to LA. Chris Paul is free agent. Tell him to leave Houston. Then tell LA to do literally everything in their power to get Anthony Davis. Forget the salary cap or luxury tax. You're the Lakers. If you bring out those four guys you'll be rolling in money so just make it work financially. You also have to get all four of those guys to take slight paycuts to make it work ie Durant in GS.

I actually believe in what Magic is doing in LA (I'm a bit of a Laker hater and I can still see it) but even with adding LeBron they may still be a year off unless they land another top 15 caliber player. If he's playing for 2-3 years down the road I say LA is a great choice, if he's playing for a team that's an instant title contender next year just by adding LeBron without other pieces...that could be about half of the NBA.

Tonight might have been the first game in these playoffs where you could criticize his play a little (even though his bad games are still pretty good)...lots of times he had a smaller payer on him and settled for a bad jumper instead of going to the rim like you have to in a must win game.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I actually believe in what Magic is doing in LA (I'm a bit of a Laker hater and I can still see it) but even with adding LeBron they may still be a year off unless they land another top 15 caliber player. If he's playing for 2-3 years down the road I say LA is a great choice, if he's playing for a team that's an instant title contender next year just by adding LeBron without other pieces...that could be about half of the NBA.

Tonight might have been the first game in these playoffs where you could criticize his play a little (even though his bad games are still pretty good)...lots of times he had a smaller payer on him and settled for a bad jumper instead of going to the rim like you have to in a must win game.
LeBron needs to find a team where he has the luxury to take possessions/games off like Curry last night. Take away the two free throws at the end of the game and he scored less than ten points last night and GS still won. Can you imagine the Cavs if LeBron only scored 9 points? Houston may be the spot to go. I can’t see him going to Philly.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It's really simple. The Cavs can't win unless they shoot 40% or more from three.

The three games this series they have shot 27%, 33% and 29%. That's especially bad when you consider the number of open shots that Lebron creates. The fact that the Cavs have been in two games when shooting under 30% from 3 just goes to show how good Lebron is.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
LeBron needs to find a team where he has the luxury to take possessions/games off like Curry last night. Take away the two free throws at the end of the game and he scored less than ten points last night and GS still won. Can you imagine the Cavs if LeBron only scored 9 points? Houston may be the spot to go. I can’t see him going to Philly.

Houston is never going to work- no way they can get money to work with Paul looking for max salary.
I think thats the only spot where supporting cast does anything to help him get over edge.
LA would be hilarious - another set of 10 role players, might as well stay in Cleveland.
Philly would just be essentially replacing Ben Simmons.
I think if he teams up w/ AD somehow - thats the one piece that could actually upend GS - but no way he's going to NOLA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron