MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I just feel so different today then in the past 20 plus years that I have been a baseball fan on opening day. I mean, I want to win it all again of course, but I feel so content as a Cubs fan. I am excited for first pitch, I always will be, but the major yearning isn't there. Which is cool as ****.

Now saying that: LETS SWEEP THE DIRTY BIRDS!

Reactions: CYdTracked

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I can't understate how emotional an event last year was for Cubs fans. It's a top 5 for me; up there with getting married and having kids.

Honestly, the World Series sucked for me. It was a horrible train wreck if emotions. Going down 3-1 sucked, crawling back to a Game 7 was awesome, but the emotions of that Game 7 are honestly something I hope up never experience again. When Davis hit that HR, I almost puked. When the Cubs finally won it, I was much more relieved than I was excited. Winning the Pennant was a much better experience for me.

That being said, this year alot of the edge is off, history is erased, and it will be a blast to not have to worry about curses causing agony, or the fear of never seeing them win it all.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'll go with this.

Schwarber
Bryant
Rizzo
Zobrist
Russell
Contreras
Heyward
Lester
Almora

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Woah. Maddon said something last week alluding to him being crazy if he didn't start Jay against a former team. He tricked me good

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Rain is on it's way.... just sayin'.

tenor.gif

Reactions: CycloneErik