***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
So now with Quran Hafiz out of the picture, is that DB from Cal still a possibility? If I remember correctly, he was similar in size and rating

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
I would think the full court press will be on Onyemobi (?) now. Obviously not sure how the coaches rank these prospects, but he's very clearly the highest ranked target left per recruiting services.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
That throat tattoo on Bowden screams future headache. I have plenty of tats, but don't know too many 18 yr olds with throat tats that are great members of society. But what do I know.
You have to be joking right?

Reactions: CyTwins

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Bowden reminds me of Deshaunte Jones. Plays against the best competition in the state of Ohio, but makes them look silly play after play. Great play maker.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
You have to be joking right?
Maybe it's the fact that it's a ****** looking tat. I'm not saying he's gonna grow up and kill someone, just not a good look or decision.
I Have been really impressed with the quality of freshmen CMC brought in last year. A lot smarter kids than what Rhoads did for the most part.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Howard Watkins OL from Cincy Colerain is announcing tomorrow. We are top three. Illinois is the school to beat because we offered late

Reactions: demoncore1031

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I wonder if one of the DE commits will move inside. We have a bunch of DE commits and only two DT's, both JUCO kids. Maybe Sichtermann (sp?) could move inside. Dominguez possibly, but I like him as a DE.
I think dominguez will move inside. He could make a nice DT. He also just tore his ACL correct? If he loses any speed, it might be for the best

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
I don't believe Watkins has a committable offer at this point either, as they were hoping to wait on guys like Chandler and Munford before moving forward with him.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I don't believe Watkins has a committable offer at this point either, as they were hoping to wait on guys like Chandler and Munford before moving forward with him.

Sounds like Illinois has been recruiting him pretty hard for a while. We only started showing some real interest this fall. I'm sure we would prefer Chandler and Munford, but watching his tape he looks the part of a D1 lineman. I think he plays with a little bit of a mean streak. If you are right about us not giving him a committable offer, I'm sure he will commit to Illinois.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Word is that Thomas Graham is going to commit to Oregon at noon today. Result of that is that Hafiz, who is Nebraska's plan B, will go to the Huskers. Several 247 predictions switched from Iowa State/Foggy to Nebraska overnight.
I don't have any inside info, but it looks like Nebby might have dropped Hafiz, as well. A couple of predictions were made for Indiana last night, and the guy from the Husker site changed his prediction to Foggy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron